Chapter 2: Trainwreck

I didn't plan on doing a sequel at first, but now I'm very excited about this story. I feel very inspired! :)

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!

VOTE! <3

COMMENT!! <3 <3

Chapter 2: Trainwreck

-Kayla's View-

I walked back to my dorm alone and found Simone alone on her bed.

"Back already?" she asked sarcastically, "what happened to your group?"

"I told 'em I needed some time with my roomie" I replied.

"Whatever, I'm busy" Simone said.

"Simone stop!" I finally said, "I have to tell you a story."

"Oh yeah? About what?! Your perfect life!" 

"NO! About my screwed up life!" I yelled back.

"Screwed up?! You're a celebrity!!"

"That doesn't mean my life is perfect, just listen." I said.

"Fine" she replied.

I sat down next to her on her bed and began telling her my story, "Three years ago I was in high school and I thought it was the end of my life. I wasn't a celebrity. My brother was, I felt like I was a huge disappointment to my family. I thought one sister had died, David was the celebrity, and I was nothing. I got bullied nonstop at school and I eventually started cutting myself. When that didn't help my emotions, I also stopped eating. I had gotten so depressed that I was killing myself. Slowly but surely, and I didn't even care."

"Why are you telling me this?" Simone asked. I was getting to her. It looked like she really wanted to cry.

"Because I saw your wrists" I said, "and now that I'm paying attention, I don't see you eat. You are showing the same signs I did just three years ago."

"What happened?" she asked.

"Turns out, more people realized what was going on than I thought. More people started to get bullied for sticking up for me, but I didn't noticed. One day I woke up and my brother came home and they had an intervention. My dad, my mom, and my brother. They handcuffed me to a chair so I would listen. By the time the intervention came around, I hadn't cut myself in over a day."

"So what made you stop then?" she asked curiously.

"Demi Lovato" I said, "believe it or not. One of my classes had this contest or something and Demi was going to come and talk to the class. I hadn't heard of her, but I looked up her music and I loved it. The next time I tried to cut, her song Skyscraper was playing in the background and I couldn't get myself to cut. I didn't understand why, but I couldn't. Simone, I know you may not listen to me, but I want you to watch something. Six months later, we made a video for my school to stop bullying. Then a year later David and I created a video about me. I talked in depth about the struggles I went through and David had secretly recorded very private moments. I yelled at him at first, but then I realized why he did it. He wanted to get other people to stop cutting by showing them how hard and painful it was for me. He thought that if other people saw those moments, they would want to stop. I want you to watch them both."

I pulled my laptop out of my bag and turn it on. I started playing the antibullying video and I just let her watch it. Before playing the second one she turned to me and asked, "Was this your first single?"

"Yeah" I smiled, "I didn't know it was going to be a video. The school started playing it and I was shocked. The song wasn't supposed to be there. Now I'm going to play the next video. Keep in mind, all of it is real. None of it is acting. We didn't try to recreate any of the moments. Most of the time David just left his camera on."

I started playing it and walked out of the dorm to give her privacy. I closed the door behind me and found Dylan right there.

"How'd it go?" he whispered.

"She's watching the video" I replied, "I guess we'll find out. She was surprised though. She really thought my life was perfect."

-Simone's View-

I was furious when Kayla first came in here and wanted to talk to me, but now I couldn't stop crying. I moved the laptop on the desk and sat in the chair watching. Just watching Kayla's story. I watched her storming out of school as mad as can be, but they found her right outside on the bench crying her eyes out. I saw her crying as hard as she could in the bathroom, more hurt than I've ever seen anyone. I saw the blood dripping from her arm and all the scars. I saw her throw a fit when someone tried to touch her, and the look in her eyes seemed like she was lost..

Then the video took a huge turn. I saw her throwing away rotten food from the back of a car. I saw her running on a treadmill with headphones in. I saw her dancing with an instructor and exercising like crazy. They showed her sitting in her room or in the park writing in her journal. They showed her in the studio singing and a lot of footage of her singing and dancing with all her friends at a party. She was having such a good time. How can she be so happy? Her sister's dead, her brother treated her like crap for years, and no one cared. What was there to be happy about and how did she do it? I hit re-wind and watched the beginning again. Throwing herself onto her bed and not being able to stop crying then storming into the bathroom and locking the door behind her. The door being opened, and the others in horror by what they see. It was horrible...

She was me...or I am her. And this video was from 3 years ago. She's in her first year of college and she's already been through all this? What do I do now?

I closed the laptop and sat on the chair and cried. I'm a terrible person.

-Kayla's View-

I pulled Dylan back into the dorm with me, but Simone was gone. 

"Where is she?" I asked.

We walked over to her desk and found a note.

Kayla,

I'm a horrible person. You don't deserve a rommate like me. I'm so sorry for what I have to do, but I don't have a choice. You have millions of people who love you, but I don't have that. I don't have people who are going to support me. I'm so sorry...please don't try and stop me.

The former Simone.

"Former?!" I almost screamed, "Dylan?!"

"We have to find her" he said, "let's go!"

We raced out of the dorm and went straight to the campus police. I ran in their panting and an office approached me immediately.

"You have to help us!" I said, "my roommate, she's gonna committ suicide."

"Where is she?" the officer asked.

"I don't know" I said handing him the note, "she left me this note. We can't let her committ suicide."

"Okay" he said, "calm down. I'm going to go send a search team out. You go back to the dorm and try to figure out where she could have gone to do it. If you figure it out, call 911 and tell them. They will tell us and meet us there. Could you get her to stop?"

"Maybe" I said.

"I think you can" the officer said.

"You know me?" I asked.

"Doesn't everybody? Now let's go."

 Dylan and I raced back to the dorm while the police started searching campus for her. We ran as fast as we could. I can't believe in my first year of college my roomate was going to commit suicide. It was terribly ironic. I can't let this happen to her. She'll be up in heaven wondering why she had to committ suicide. I unlocked the door as fast as I could and we started searching. All I kept thinking about was how much of a trainwreck this was. The video was supposed to help her, not make her realize she needed to die. What have I done? I have to save her.

THE END CHAPTER 2!!