4

vote & comment!!!

amara rahman

it feels unreal that it's been two weeks since the first day of school. everything had already been flying by.

today marked two days until our project is due, and our school's first football game of the season. which bri is obviously dragging me to.

maloleynate - can we just do diary of a wimpy kid

derek_luh - that book is for 12 year olds

maloleynate - well. do you have any ideas smartass????

derek_luh - captain underpants

maloleynate - LMFAOOO

i turn my vibrations off and roll my eyes, pushing my phone aside. "idiots."

"i'm guessing you guys haven't even decided on a topic yet?" bri asks, opening her lunch bag.

"no." i mutter, "i don't know how you could possibly even dream about nate. he's obnoxious in every way."

"not true." she frowns, "we did a project in art history and he looked so hot presenting. i'm pretty sure the whole class saw me drool."

my phone lights up and bri sighs, "let me see."

i hand her my phone and watch as she scans through our messages, "holy shit, they are really dumb."

"i told you." i sigh, "and jack's not even responding. he's barely been here these past two weeks."

"yeah. there's a few rumors going on about him." bri mentions.

"like what?"

"i don't know," she shrugs, "stuff about him and meredith. i've just been hearing different stuff."

"right." i say with a small nod.

"should we just hangout until the game?" she asks. "we can go to the mall first and come back to school."

our school was in the middle of the city, which is definitely a change of scenery considering our middle school was in the middle of nowhere.

people often left campus to go to places like chipotle or even a whole restaurant for lunch. bri and i thrived our freshmen year, going everywhere everyday.

now, we're just too lazy to go anywhere.

"i can't." i stress, "working."

"working everyday?" she raises a brow, "that's not annoying at all."

"shouldn't you be used to it? it's been like this for years."

"well, i think you deserve a break."

"tell my mom that."

"okay.." she frowns, "then i'll pick you up at 7 from the diner and take you so you don't have to walk or whatever."

i smile, "thanks."

"i'm glad we decided to sit outside today." bri says, leaning forward to get a good glance at nate walking towards the field, his phone in his hand, probably texting something dumb to the group.

jack followed him, and i furrow my eyebrows. he didn't show up this morning, but here he was.

"jack's hot." bri says, "no wonder meredith obsesses over him."

i grunt, continuing to watch them. jack had been smirking at his football jersey he proudly held in front of nate.

+