F I V E

Riley Rivera

I woke up the next morning in peace. It was Friday. I got out of bed and went up to Alex's room. "Clothes?" I asked her.

"Come pick something out." She said.

I looked through her closet and found a grey adidas sweatshirt and adidas soccer pants. I put those on. I walked out of Alex's room and bumped into Jonah.

"Sorry." I smiled. "It's alright. You guys ready?" He asked us.

"We just need to brush our teeth and eat breakfast." Alex said.

We went in the bathroom that Jonah and Alex shared. We all brushed our teeth and did hair and stuff. It was easy because there was a long horizontal mirror and 2 sinks.

We were all ready in about 15 minutes.

"We can just grab something on the way there right?" Alex asked.

Jonah and I agreed on that.

We all piled into Alex's car. "You good sitting in the back alone or you want me to come sit with you?" Jonah said smirking at me.

"Well I mean I wouldn't mind if you sat with me but...it's your choice." I grinned.

He looked away. Looked at Alex. She grinned at him.

He got out of the front seat and came to sit with me. I giggled as he put his seatbelt on.

We drove to school rocking out to Ed Sheeran. Jonah is an amazing singer.

We got to school and parked in the same spot as always. We all walked in school together.

If your thinking it's one of those cliché parts of a movie/book where they walk in and everyone stares at them like they're celebrities, you're wrong.

Literally no one noticed we were there. That's how I liked it. We all split up to our lockers and went to class.

*Lunch*

I didn't feel like sitting with anyone at lunch so I sat in the hallway alone.

Well, alone until Jonah walked over to me. "What are you doing sitting alone in here?" He asked sitting next to me.

"I didn't wanna be around annoying people" I said rolling my head against the lockers looking towards him.

"Should I go?" He asked. "No you can stay. You're not annoying." I smiled.

We sat there for a couple minutes before I broke the silence. "I don't think I can do this" I said.

"Do what?" He asked. "Stay at school today." I replied.

"Well, do you wanna skip?" He asked caringly.

"How do I know your not some murderer?" I teased him.

"Trust me. I am the farthest thing." He chuckled.

"God fine" I smiled while fake rolling my eyes.

He stood up and held his hand out for me. "Shall we?" He said pretending to be all preppy.

"We shall." I said grabbing his hand and standing up.

We walked out of school together and started walking. "Wait what if my dad finds me?" I worry.

"Here take my hoodie and pull the hood up." He said taking off his hoodie. "You sure?" "Yes Riley. I don't want him to find you either." He smiled sympathetically.

I took the hoodie and did as he said.

The hood was big and covered most of my face. Except I kept running into stuff.

Jonah was laughing. "Here, get on my back." He said still dying.

"Okay." I said also laughing.

I got on his back and hid my face in the crook of his neck. I had serious butterflies.

My heart was pounding so fast. He smelled like really expensive and amazing smelling cologne.

We walked all the way back to Alex's house safe and sound.

I got off his back.

"Alex's parents are never home so we're good." I said grabbing the spear key.

We walked in and went into Jonah's room.