26: regrets part 1

"mum ?? tae ?? uhh water

"mum ?? tae ?? uhh water." Jennie slowly opened her eyes only to met total darkness in her room. She tried to reach for a bottle of water on the bedside but failed when the bottle dropped to the ground waking her mother up. "Jennie ??? Thank god. Here drink first love ." She gulped her drink so hard as she feels like her whole body was thirsty.

"Thank god Jennie, you've been in a coma for almost two weeks now. Jisoo and the rest were all taking turns to take care of you. Even Tae--" Her mother was being cut by her father suddenly barging into her room.

"We'll go back to New Zealand Jennie. Immediately. You'll get a check-up there. I've already talked to the doctors. We'll leave Korea immediately." Jennie's mom was about to protest but her father asked her to leave them to talk privately.

❄️

After the phone call with Jisoo, Taehyung immediately went to meet up the guys at Jennie's room. He felt like his eyes were playing tricks on him. Her bed was empty. The bedside where Taehyung puts his and Jennie's picture was empty. The room felt empty without her. He heard people arguing outside her room and knew it was Yoongi and Jisoo arguing.

"Don't kid with us Jisoo! She wouldn't be missing. She was just in a coma the time we left her! How could she be missing?!" Jisoo couldn't help but sigh as none of the guys believed her even she didn't believe herself. "Stop attacking her yoongs. She's her friend, she must be feeling really devastated right now." Jin defended her. Jisoo just glanced at him and mouthed a thank you.

A doctor was passing by them and Lisa grabbed his hands. "Excuse me, but where is the patient Jennie Kim? She's missing when she's in a coma."

"I'm sorry Miss. But as a worker, I'm not supposed to share any information on a patient plus her own father told us to disclose anything regarding her whereabouts. I'm sincerely sorry but don't worry. She is already awake and presumably safe."

"She's gone."

All their heads turned toward the voice. He was trying so hard to keep calm and composed but failed when a single tear slipped down when he looks at a picture the both of them. " I should've loved you better when you're were here." He cried. None of them was speaking as they just stared at one another until Lisa spoke up.

"If you truly loved her, what's with Irene then? " Her voice was cold which made all of them shook.

" I - I just feel like I was obligated to treat Irene better after what I've done." His voice was shaking and what more Yoongi, Jisoo and Lisa was staring deep into him like a hole could appear anytime on his face. Rosé, Jimin, Jungkook and Jin just gave him a sympathetic smile. But what really pierced him was Jisoo's next sentences.

"You should have told her that you love her before the accident she cried realising that you've never told her that. And what more you were happy with Irene at that time. Although she never told me anything somehow I have a feeling that's the case, Taehyung. Now I'm asking you, How does it feel getting left behind? Hurts don't it? But that's how she felt when you "chose" Irene before her."

Then she walked away.

Jin was about to grab her arms when both Rosé and Lisa shook their head no at him. "Jisoo! Wait up." Lisa walked away catching up to Jisoo.

"Taehyung, I apologise for their behaviour but Jennie is truly an important friend to us hence we're kinda broken right now. And Jin, please give her time. You can console her later. We'll just go and searched for Jennie's parents' whereabouts. We'll get back here if we found something."

Regretting now won't bring her back to you Taehyung. He scolds himself.