23: come back

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

----

It has been two hours since Jennie was taken to the ICU unit and no signs of her. My clothes was still full of blood, her blood. Her mother was still on her way here , and so is mine. Jisoo and my friends are all gathered here trying to at least cheer me up and check on me but nothing works until someone tell me she's okay.

"Taehyung. Write something on your wrist. If it's disappeared, she's gone." I looked at Jisoo and in both of her arms are the younger ones sobbing soundly.

"Is she my soulmate?" I asked.

"She could be," Lisa answered back.

And so I did; I didn't want to risk anything cause it never hurts to try. I wrote on my wrist. There was none appear back to me so it really could be her.

---

We were getting a bit drowsy as we all were tired of the daily activities. I almost fell asleep when suddenly I heard; "Jisoo, WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER? WHERE IS JENNIE ?"

"Mrs Kim, calm down. She's still inside." Jisoo told her but her attention was on me. She looked at my blood-stained shirt.
I also saw my mother behind her.

"You must be the last one to see her." She walked towards me. I can see her trying to compose herself but she can't. It is her daughter. "What really happened to her? Are you the cause of this? " She said pointing at me.

I immediately stand up and bow to her. "I'm Kim Taehyung. I'm your daughter's boyfriend. We did have an argument before everything happened and I wasn't fast enough to save her. But believe me, I didn't-- ." I introduced and tried to explain as I have a feeling she's blaming me for what happened to Jennie. And I would blame myself too.

"YOU DID THIS TO HER! MY PRECIOUS DAUGHTER IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE AND LOVE HER ENOUGH THIS WOULDN'T HAPPENED TO HER." At this point, Jennie's mom was crying uncontrollably. My mom went to her side to calm her down. "She's the only person I have left and I can't imagine living without her." I understand your pain, Mrs Kim. I can't breathe without seeing her smile, voice, laughter, I can't imagine a world without Jennie. My mom brought Mrs Kim to the garden to calm her down.

"You should at least go clean yourself Tae." Jin held my shoulders.

Everything when quiet after that. We were all waiting for her. I look at my wrist and saw what I wrote was still there. It was
"JNK". I already changed my clothes as I assumed as it must be tough for Mrs Kim to see her daughter's blood splattered all over me.

Jennie's mom was now holding Jisoo who's finally crying in her arms. Jisoo strong self was broken down when she knew she had people to rely on.

Every time the nurses walk pass us, Jennie's mom would ask about her condition only to be replied with; "We're are trying our best madam. Please have faith in your daughter and our doctors."

---

They always say that you usually have to wait for something that which is worth waiting for, but in this situation it's bittersweet.

You were technically fine but isn't awake. You were in deep slumber. More precisely coma.

I was outright furious when the doctor says the words. My fists ball up and connect with the wall, voice echoing in a roar through the hospital. "You're a liar!" I screamed, tears streaking onto my face as I breaths harshly through gritted teeth. It's when I saw you that reality hits me and I fall to my knees at your bedside, your limp hand in mine. "No, no, no, no, no." I cried, wishing that you would wake up at any moment. "Come back."