04: couldn't

It was the day of Jennie's hangout with Yoongi, more or less a date. Jennie dressed in a bright red sundress and match it with some heels that are comfortable for walking. She decided for a light makeup to compliment her looks. "Jen !! Yoongi's here." Lisa shouted from below. Jennie opened the door and saw Yoongi.

The whole date went very well, after the movies they decided to stop by their gang usually café. Jennie looks out at the window and saw a puppy. She let out a chuckled which confused Yoongi. "What's funny ?" Jennie pointed at the puppy before telling him.

"The puppy's face looks like Taehyung." Yoongi looks at her face and realised something which he was sure neither has realised it. "Hey, there's a piano. Play with me." Yoongi got up and held her by her hand and drag her towards the piano.

Yoongi started playing a melody and Jennie gasped. "I listened to this song with Tae during arts once." She continued and play the same melody with him. While walking her back home, Yoongi decided to confirm something. "So, what's with you and Tae ?" Jennie was confused and stopped in her tracks.

"What makes you think that I have something with Tae? He's a good friend." She got defensive. "It just that you mentioned about Tae a lot today and I assumed that you had something."

"Really? I didn't even realise it. Now I feel bad. I'm sorry Yoongi." She immediately apologies cause she felt guilty for talking about other guys when she was on a 'date.'

Yoongi chuckled. " You haven't realised it yet huh ?" He chuckled again and continued walking. Jennie ran to catch up with him. "Realise what ?" He chuckled and patted her head. After he sent her home, he was nearby the park when he realised that he should have told her what he wanted to say. He went ahead and u-turn but he saw Jennie running towards Taehyung's direction. "I haven't even made a move yet I'm already losing." He sighed and decided to call it a day.

Jennie was walking around the park when she saw Taehyung on the ground. She ran towards his direction despite that she was wearing heels and a dress.

"Taehyung!" She shouted and touched his cheeks softly. Taehyung immediately opened his eyes and saw Jennie hovering over him. "What's wrong ?" He calmly asked. "Are you okay? Why are you laying down on the ground? Are you hurt? Did you fell from the skateboard?" countless questions came out of her mouth.

Taehyung chuckled at her. "No, I'm fine Jennie." He sat up and ruffled with her hair. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be on a date with Yoongi ?" He asked since she was wearing a flowery dress with heels and all. She nodded. "Hey, let's have a picnic here !" Jennie suggested and drag Taehyung towards the convenience store nearby to buy some snacks.

They set up their stuff for their impromptu picnic date. She was munching on the strawberries and Tae just watched her. "So... did it not work ?" Jennie shook her head. "Actually I had fun with Yoongi but somehow there's just something missing. Perhaps it's because he isn't my soulmate. We both agree to be just friends tho. So it's all good." She smiled. Taehyung unconsciously felt relieved.

Jennie was telling Taehyung about her favourite poetry book and Taehyung listened intently. He just stared at her talking about her passion and he swore he felt a tug in his stomach whenever she laughs nor smiled.

Taehyung immediately drained the thoughts away. That night, he swore that he'll have to push Jennie away in case he might fall in love with her. He searched for the letter that he always kept whenever he had doubts about relationships. A letter from the past.

I guess
I know now
why you never
held my hand tight;

why hold on to someone,
you know
you're just going
to let go,
right?
-unknown-

Love is like a drug. It makes us high but it creates strong needs. We can become highly addicted but what happens when we don't receive our daily doses of love? Just like a drug we need our everyday doses.

"Unfortunately I didn't give you enough. I was immature and I never know what love was and your last words to me before you left still stung in my mind cause words are born from people's mouths and die in their ears. But some words don't die. They go into people's hearts and survive." Taehyung plopped himself on the bed.

"Taehyung, will you promise me that you'll never fall in love? Please don't fall in love. Better yet don't ever love someone. You don't have the right to love."