21: happier

---

"Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you" - Happier / Ed Sheeran.

---

"Jennie, can I talk to you? Please." Irene grabbed Jennie's arm preventing her to move away. Jennie was pondering over to listen to what she has to say or just ignore it and died with curiosity. Jennie hates the latter.

"Uh, guys I'll catch up with you later," Jennie told her teams. She removed her hands and crossed her arms over her chest and gesture her to continue.

"As you can see, Taehyung and I are actually exes. We were both immature when we broke up but as fate wanted us to meet again we've kinda good along so well and I'm begging you, Please let Taehyung go."

Jennie couldn't believe her ears. She was filled with rage. "Why do I have to let go when he is mine right now? Shouldn't you let go? Just because you met again doesn't mean that you guys belong together. I don't understand why I have to let him go." Jennie can feel her eyes brimming with tears. In all honesty, she was afraid these days would happen but she would never think it would be so soon.

"Can't you understand? I was so depressed when we broke up couldn't you give up on your happiness for my sake? For his's sake ?" Jennie mentally rolled her eyes and muttered "what makes you think I wouldn't be depressed if we break up." under her breath but Irene couldn't really hear what she said.

Jennie was about to walk away but stopped when she heard Irene shout back at her. "CAN'T YOU SEE HE IS HAPPIER WITH ME? CAN'T YOU SEE YOU ARE ONLY PLAYING A FOOL IS THIS RELATIONSHIP? You know Jennie, has he even tell you that he loves you ?"
When Jennie was quiet and didn't respond she heard Irene muttered "thought so too. At least he had told me that he loved me, Jen."

When she felt that Irene has left the garden, she tried to compose herself and fight back the tears that were forming in her eyes. Hearing that Taehyung didn't even love her, breaks her apart.

Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. Jennie bent forward where she sat on the floor and pressing her palms to the ground, she began to cry with the force of a person vomiting on all fours.

---

"Jendeukie! What's wrong?" It was her friends, Jisoo Rose and Lisa. All three of them surrounded hear when they saw how broken she was crouching on the ground.

"It hurts. It really hurts. Why ?? " The three of them look at one another as they were confused about what Jennie meant.

"Do you need me to call Taehyung? I can call him for you. " Yoongi asked but Jennie just shakes her head no.

The girls not knowing what to say just rubs her back, while giving her words of comfort like "we're here for you if you want to talk." until her cries ease down.

When she finally composed herself, they all went back to the school hall. Jennie rejoined her friends and just gave excuses that she had flu for the red nose and teary eyes.

Jennie looked at Taehyung's direction and see that he was joking around with Irene.
Maybe what she said was true. Don't get it wrong. She would fight for their love but what about Taehyung. Did he love her ? or at least like her a bit. She had to let go. Not for Irene's happiness but for his. That's the least she could do for his's sake.