300 Years Of Heaven Was A Punishment

My name is Nathan, and I came back after living in Heaven for exactly 300 years. I am sure a lot of people would be curious as to how that felt so let me start from how I got there.

I tried to be a good person, but my horrible temper always got in the way. It was to the point to where I no longer had friends. My family stopped talking to me, including my own mother, father, and two sisters. I was only 21 years old, but I was truly alone. I tried to blame everyone around me, but I knew, deep down, that it was my own fault.

Enough of my sob story.

Let me tell you how I died.

I got off of my shift at the local grocery store and was walking back home. On the way home, a man walked up to me and asked, "Hey man, could you spare some cash? I lost my job a couple of days ago and I need to get some type of food for my kids." He pointed at a hungry boy and girl sitting behind him, but I scoffed and said, "Not that hard to get a job. Why did you even procreate when you're fucking trash?"

I gave him a quick chuckle and walked past him when I felt pain erupt from my lower back. The next couple of seconds were filled with a knife plunging into my chest. I don't know when I blacked out, but the next thing I remember was opening my eyes and seeing a woman sitting close to my head and saying, "Stay calm. We're almost there. Stay with-." I blacked out again and before I knew it I was met by a sense of absolute peace.

Before I opened my eyes, I knew I was floating. When I opened my eyes I saw myself floating through a fog of memories.

Through the fog, I could see myself yelling and cussing out my parents a year ago before storming out of their house. That was the last time I saw them. The next thing I saw was the time I was pulled over by the cops with my best friend since we were 6, Brad. He was there for me whenever I needed someone the most, but I took advantage of that. When a cop pulled us over I took out the 7 grams of coke out of my pocket and threw it on the car seat behind me.

Brad looked at me with pleading eyes while the cops cuffed him, but I acted oblivious to everything.

I closed my eyes again and did not open them until I felt solid ground under my feet. With a deep sigh, I opened my eyes and saw around 20 to 30 people standing in front of me. I looked down and saw that we were standing on a clear glass of some sort. When I looked back up I saw that I was next in line. I rushed up to a man that stood in front of the largest gate I have ever seen in my life. The gate was simple, but it looked to be made of solid gold. After ogling at the gate for a couple of seconds I looked down at the man in front of me. He was maybe a little over 4 feet tall, poorly maintained facial hair that covered half of his face, and eyes filled with sadness and disappointment.

I opened my mouth to ask him who he was, but before I could get a sound out he spoke in a raspy voice, "Nathan Cliff, enter through the gates." Although I was confused, I rushed through the gates and looked around. A road paved with gold, bodies made of solid light walking around everywhere, and other people walking around with dreamy expressions on their faces.

Besides the people that walked around me, everything around me was a mixture of absolutely pure light. Something far brighter and crisper than anything I have ever seen. The only thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was a man dressed in all red with a piece of paper. Written on the piece of the paper was the date. Somehow, whenever the man flipped the paper over it gave the date of the next day, and an endless swarm of people surrounded the man.

The first 50 years passed by quickly. I met a lot of other people, we talked about our lives, but I quickly became bored. You can only talk to so many people before their lives start sounding the same. We never grew hungry, tired, or thirsty, but it never ended my cravings. I wanted to get a good nights rest. I wanted to eat just one carrot and savor all of the taste. I wanted to quench a thirst with a cool glass of water, but all we had was each other and those damn angels that never said a word to anyone.