I Was Kidnapped From An Anime Convention

My name is Jason Lee and I have gone to MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) three years in a row. My friend, Mark, convinced me to go three years ago. I told him I didn't have a costume, but he just told me to wear a baseball cap, put fake blood on my outfit and body, and people would think I looked like

I took his advice and people actually loved it. That weekend went by in a blink of an eye. I have never been looked at twice in my life but dressed up as Glenn actually made people stop and talk to me. That is why I kept going year after year. Mark tried to convince me to go to the other anime conventions, but I felt like MTAC was all I really needed. Shit, the rest of my year was normally so shitty that MTAC actually became something I looked forward to all year long.

This year, I went as Glenn again but I actually put a little more thought into my cosplay. My friend, Nathan, that was actually pretty good at makeup made my face look like there was a huge hole on the side of my head and also made it look like my eye was popping out a little bit. Mark drank a couple of beers while he waited for Nathan to finish. When he was finished he took a step back and clapped his hands before saying, "Well, you are definitely going to be turning heads this conference. I'll do this for you every morning, but you have to get me a bottle of Absolut vodka every night." I gave him a smile and nodded my head before showing Mark the end result. He looked me over for a couple of seconds before laughing and saying, "Well shit Nathan. I didn't know you were that good. I thought you were just telling us you were good so you could actually have friends during MTAC." Nathan playfully punched Mark on the shoulder and we walked out of our hotel and towards the Sheraton Hotel.

We stood in a line for around 40 minutes before we showed our badges to the people in the front. Once I stepped inside of the hotel I lost my breath for a second. For some reason, it always felt like my first time. The entire day passed by in a blur of photos with other people, minute long conversations, and the smell of sweat and thick perfume. I fucking loved it. The only complaint I had with my cosplay was a couple of people complaining about me spoiling the show for them, but there was always a person close by to tell them it happened long enough ago for it to not be a spoiler anymore.

There was one thing that bothered me besides the complaints. The whole day I kept catching a man wearing a jean jacket, black pants, and a red shirt staring at me. Every time I looked up at him he would turn away, but he never walked away. I thought about walking up to him, but the blank look in his eyes made me feel absolutely uncomfortable.

I managed to ignore him for the rest of the day, but I still had the feeling of someone staring at me.

When we got back to the hotel, Mark told us that he met a girl and he was going two floors down to her room. Nathan told me he was going to sleep, but I asked him, "Hey man. Did you see that weird dude that kept following us around? He kept staring at me and it's really fucking with me right now." Nathan sat up and looked at me before saying, "Shit dude. I didn't see him, but why didn't you tell the security there? They can at least talk to the guy and tell him to stop being a fucking creep." I shrugged my shoulders and took a swig of vodka before falling asleep.

The next day Nathan redid my face for me and we stood in line in front of the Sheraton for 20 minutes before walking inside. I stopped one of the security guards in the front and described out the man and what he was wearing and told them that he was following me around and staring at me. He gave me a nod and told me that he would relay the message and they would keep a lookout for the man. That day went by a lot better. People were still complimenting my cosplay and I didn't see the man all day. Around 11 pm I was ready to head back to the hotel. Nathan and Mark were going to the bar so I told them I would meet them back at the hotel.

In the middle of my walk, I felt a piece of cloth go over my face. I tried to scream but the hand over my mouth was far too strong. I took a deep breath and tried to scream again but my body started to get numb and then everything started to look fuzzy before I blacked out.