Candy Pop and Candy Cane

Once upon a time in a kingdom of ice and snow. The empire was under a cold spell of winter at this time, the night was young, almost too beautiful to be even called a night. The stars sparkled. So serene, so quiet, almost as if they had been silenced and all that remained was their shiny husks of gas and light. A 6-young girl with curly auburn hair named Alexa could feel a cold draft coming in through a crack in the window. The cold chill went through her like knives. The young princess shook and simply, grabbed a cloth from her dresser drawer of oak and quickly ran to put the handkerchief into the little crack. The cold draft soon stopped coming into the cold room and soon overtime. The cold room of stone and wood soon then turned cozy and safe with the fire that burned so brightly. The fire made the young princess feel so safe. Her room was her own sanctum and there was no place that she felt more at home.

Alexa drifted back to her window where she sat and gazed upon the stars. The glittering lights, she believed were angels. Alexa laughed and could only clap her little hands in delight. The young princess jumped down with joy and twirled all around her room. Alexa grabbed one of her dolls and danced with it. The little doll's smile was serene and silent. A sweet embracing smiles such fitting for a tiny doll. Alexa danced and danced until, she would no longer dance anymore. Soon, the young princess grew tired, falls upon the floor of oak wood, and gazed at the ceiling. Alexa hugged her little doll and sat up dusting her dress of black and green. Upon the green was set floral patterns of flowers while the black covered to her neck and then to her sleeves, embedded on the silky black textures where her chest is a tiny pink flower. Alexa looked at the grandfather clock and fell back once more putting her little feet on the dashboard of the craved oak. The young princess watched the pendulum of the clock sway back and forth making ticking sounds. Alexa joined in making her eyes sway back and forth following the clock and clicking her tongue to mimic the sounds the clock made.

Time passed and Alexa's mother called upon Alexa herself. Alexa's mother's voice carried throughout the castle walls and Alexa quickly scurried up and heeded to her mother's call. Alexa ran out the door excited to her mother back from her trip to England. The young princess jumped up and down in excitement awaiting the untold wonders her mother had brought to share with her. The Queen only smiled sweetly at Alexa her beautiful curly blonde hair was tied up into a bun and her dress of green and black matched that of the young princess', but only slightly different as it is more poufy at the sleeves to the bottom itself. The Queen's long tail from the bottom of her dress dragged behind her, leaving glitter that soon melted in her wake.

Alexa laughed and giggled. The young princess waited for her mother to settle back down as soon as the Queen's servants placed all of her belongings back to their respective gowns of replacement. The Queen sat down on her chair of willow wood and gold etched cravings embedded in and looked out the window only to feel the presence of her young daughter, Alexa push herself onto her lap and sit with her as both watched the snowfall from their perching window. Alexa felt her mother's hand pet her hair, but never did the Queen gaze upon Alexa eye to eye. The air was distilled and quiet. The halls echoed with the sounds of the creaking old castle. Leaving moans and groans behind from the howling wind. Alexa gazed at her mother and could no longer hold her excitement as she smiled ever so sweetly, her young cooing voice barely touched the ear of her wavering mother's ear with only one single word to gain the Queen's attention.

"Mama?"

The Queen gazed at Alexa and kept her eyes hidden behind a black veil only to pet Alexa's little blushing cheek. Alexa gasped feeling her mother's cold hands. The young princess whimpered and felt something changing within her mother, but maybe the passing of time had only made that 'FEELING' of a omitted production with the reflections in her head. Alexa paid no observance to it. Only to feel the slight quaintness that was her mother. The young heiress sighed and slowly moved her eyes down then back up to her mother's gaze one more time. Alexa once again tugged on the Queen's sleeve to gain her utmost attention. The Queen gazed once more at Alexa and tilted her head. Questioning what her young daughter could possibly want from her. Alexa gulped and gathered enough courage to ask her mother about her favorite pastime tale with a slight quiver within her young sweet voice.