The Dream Of Insanity

Your eyes open, slowly. You look around you to see your bedroom. All is normal. You slowly lift your upper body and look to your left. To your right, there's a wall, but to your left is a bedside table. There's a note on it.

If you read the note, go to 1. The Note

If you ignore the note, go to 1. Getting Up

1. The Note

You try and open your eyes more now, forcing yourself to read this note. If there's a note on your bedside table, you can't ignore it. It reads...

"Hello. If you are reading this note, you have been chosen to go through INSANITY. Please remain calm... WHILE YOU CAN!"

You are too tired to even care, although you notice the handwriting is of no one you know.

If you go outside, go to 2. Outside

If you make breakfast, go to 2. Breakfast

1. Getting up

You ignore the note. It probably can't be THAT important, you think. Anyway, there's more important stuff to think about... like getting up. Always a challenge, and you've never been this tired before, which makes it worse. You move your legs, and feel your feet touching your floor. Cold. The cold makes you wake up slightly. You go to the kitchen to splash water on your face. You take this opportunity to make breakfast.

Go to 2. Breakfast

2. Outside

After slowly putting on your clothes, you decide to take a walk around the park, which is around 2 minutes away. This is slowly taking away your sleepiness, but then a man walks up to you. He is dressed surprisingly formal for a stroll in the park. He stops in front of you, and speaks.

"THE NOTE. READ THE NOTE!" He runs away, leaving you confused about all of this. How could he possibly know about the note? It was getting a bit scary. You return home...

Go to 3. Read it

2. Breakfast

After you splash your face with cold water, you put some bread in the toaster. You wait a while, and take out the toast. Almost burnt, just how you like it. You proceed to put some butter on the toast, it melts in front of your eyes. You sit down, and eat your toast. It feels a bit dry in your mouth, so you decide to prepare some tea. The warmth of the tea makes you tired again. You decide to close your eyes for a bit and think.

If you haven't read the note yet, go to 3. Read it

If you have read the note, go to 3. Back to the bedroom

3. Read it

After thinking for a while, sitting on your bed, you decide you should read the note. You turn the piece of paper over, and hold it in your hands, in front of your, now, tired eyes. You read...

"Hello. If you are reading this note, you have been chosen to go through INSANITY. Please remain calm... WHILE YOU CAN!"

This confuses you... a lot. What does it mean, I have been CHOSEN to go through insanity? You think. You shrug, and lie down on your bed, and fall asleep.

"Great..." an eerie voice whispers in your head, but it is too late to react to it, and you see the black void of sleep.

Go to 4. Insanity

3. Back to the bedroom

You return to your bedroom, the sinister note lying on the table. You pick the note up, and turn on the TV at the end of your bed. You flick through the channels. Sports, cooking, news... you pause at news. A woman speaks...