Family

*Caroline's pov*

[I wake up at 6am and go on a run. I go to the house and pack my stuff I have three duffel bags I get a cab to April's and put my stuff in Erin's trunk I go inside and make breakfast set the kitchen table for seven and make coffee placing mugs next to our plates everyone comes downstairs I wash the dishes I turn around and see them standing there dressed for work April asks:]

"How'd you sleep?"

"Sleep? What's that? Excuse me I have to get dressed."[I walk by them and go upstairs I take a shower and get dressed I have on a burnt orange turtleneck and blue jeans with my boots I put my hair in a braid and put all of my stuff in my backpack grab my jacket and phone I go downstairs there's an empty seat next to Noah I stand up and eat everybody notices but doesn't say anything it's quiet I finish my food and coffee I say:]"Bye."

"Where you going?"

"To school."

"You could ride with me especially since you're in my first bell."

"No thanks."[I grab my lunch and stuff and go to the bus stop I read on the way to school a girl gets on the bus there's no empty seats I slide my stuff over and say:]"You can sit here. Caroline Sutton."

"Francesca Turner. I'm new here."

"First day?"

"No. Been here since school started. I just got a whole new schedule for some reason."

"What are your classes?"

"Homeroom is Hughes, Literature, Math, Health, Writing Composition, lunch, study hall, and History."

"Me too."

"I'm in foster care."

"Why if you don't mind me asking?"

"My mom died when I was ten from breast cancer. My dad he really tried to take care of me up until I was in sixth grade but he had a heart attack in June. Heck of a way to start summer right?"

"My dad died last year and my mom died in June too. I know what you're going through Francesca."

"What day?"

"For my dad it'll be a year on October fifth. It'll be three months on September fifteenth for my mom."

"Same for my dad."

[we get to school and go to homeroom we're talking when Mr. Hughes comes in he says:]

"Good morning everyone. We've got three new students joining us. Francesca Turner, Kelly Saunders, and Logan Thompson. You guys want to come up and tell us a little bit about you?"

"Francesca I like to read and I like to cook."

"Kelly. I play football."

"Logan I run track and play almost every sport."

"I need someone to show them around."[several people raise their hands Caroline is reading a book I say:]"Caroline Sutton."

[I'm reading my book when I notice Mr. Hughes is standing in front of me he says:]

"Caroline."

"Yes?"

"What are you reading?"

"Little Women."

"I guess you were too captivated to hear me would you mind showing our new students around?"

"Sure."

Chexton: Wounded Hearts & Battle Scarsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें