Chapter 3

Dakota's POV

When Reid left the next morning, I hugged him tightly.

"Thank you so much. For everything. Who knows what would've happened had you not come looking for me... or stayed with me last night. Also, thank you for cooking." He laughed and ruffled up my hair.

"No problem Dak. Hey, rememeber what I told you. Stop trusting people so easily." I nodded, but rolled my eyes.

"I'm paying you for a reason: protect me so I don't have to worry about that." He frowned and I smiled sheepishly. "Okay, I'll stop being so naive. Have a nice day Reid." He laughed and squeezed my shoulder before leaving. I sighed and called my parents, wanting to talk to them about yesterday. They'd called me, but of course I was asleep.

"David, it's Dakota! Honey! You haven't answered our calls, we were worried sick. We were just buying tickets to come back."

"I'm fine, I'm sorry I gave you such a scare." My mom sighed, I could just see her shaking her head. "I went to the beach yesterday with Sadie. This guy got mad because I didn't like him, so he got someone beat me up to take me. But, Reid found me and beat their asses."

"Go ahead and buy the tickets David!" I heard her tell my Dad.

"No, it's okay I promise. I'm going to be more careful. You guys stay there."

"Sweetie, I don't know about this. You just said someone beat you up. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good actually. Reid stayed over with me last night and he cooked for me this morning." I smiled a little, thinking about it.

"Oh...okay. Are you sure you don't want us to come home? Or send you here?" I pondered it for a second. It would be nice to have them home, or to even go there with them. But, I decided against it.

"No, it's okay. I promise promise promise I'll call if anything goes wrong." She sighed.

"Okay, I'm hoping you're telling me the truth."

"I love you Dakota! Stay safe!" My father said, making me smile.

"I love you too. The both of you. Talk to you later." I hung up and sighed, looking around the house. What will I do today?

I decided to go take a shower first. When I got to my room, I remembered last night.

"So, where do I need to sleep?" Reid asked me. I shrugged.

"There's a guest room right next door." He nodded, then studied me.

"I can sleep in here, on the floor since you're here alone." I frowned.

"I'm not a baby Reid. You can sleep in the guest room. I'll holler if I get afraid." I said the last part sarcastically and he rolled his eyes.

"I'll sleep on the floor in here." I sighed.

"I don't like the thought of you sleeping on the floor. That's going to be so uncomfortable."

"I'll just sleep in the bed with you. My head's just gonna be at the bottom." I thought it was weird, because most straight guys say it's gay to sleep in a bed with a gay guy. But Reid was a nice straight guy, so I guess it's different.

"Well... okay then. I'm too tired to shower, do you want to?" He shook his head and got into the bed. I did the same, just on my end.

"Goodnight Dakota."

"Goodnight Reid. Wait, does this mean I have to give you another raise or will you just–"

"Dakota, go to sleep."