Chapter 10

Reid's POV

I left Sadie's as quickly as possible. I got home and my dad was asleep, so I was just free to do whatever.

I sighed, very stressed out, feeling horrible about what I've done to both Sadie and Dakota. I felt mostly bad about Dakota.

I went outside and sat at the edge of the water. I pulled my shoes and socks off, putting my feet in. I swished them around before taking my phone and wallet from my pocket and getting in. I felt so much more relaxed, my mind began to clear.

But, I saw Dakota's face in my mind. His face when I told him not to talk to me anymore. I rose up to the surface and wiped my face. I wish I had someone else to talk to. I feel alone now, more than usual.

I'd always been alone, honestly. Since Dakota's liked me, I've felt less alone. I could always talk to him.

He doesn't deserve to be treated the way I treated him.

I grew pissed at myself and began swimming laps. The thoughts wouldn't go away so I got out of the pool, mostly feeling hopeless. At this point, if the pool won't calm me, what will?

Oh well, I should be able to handle this. I should stop acting like a baby.

I got my phone and wallet and proceeded upstairs. I looked down at my phone and opened Dakota's number.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It just isn't best for us to be around each other. I shook my head and erased it.

I wish I wouldn't have ever told you what I did. I'm sorry for hurting you, I know you trusted me and I hate that I betrayed your trust. My finger hovered over the send button and I sighed.

I'm really sorry. I typed and pressed send.

I knew it wasn't enough, I knew he wouldn't answer. I just had to try. I wanted to talk to him so badly.

I went into the bathroom to shower, sighing deeply.

I should really start thinking before I say things. It would've been easier to just break up with Sadie and be with Dakota. Wouldn't it?

~

A couple of days later, I got a call from Sadie.

"Hey, do you want to go to the mall?" My heart jumped. A chance to see Dakota. He always came to the mall with us.

"Yeah, I'll invite the boys."

"Great, because my friends are already at my house. See you in thirty?"

"Yeah." I hung up and texted the boys. I got dressed, somewhat excited. I planned to pull him away from everyone when no one was paying attention. I wanted to apologize to him.

I left the house quickly, speeding towards the mall.

I got there before everyone else, but Oliver drove up right after me. I waved to him and got out of my car, going to his. He was on the phone, but he let me in.

"I'm sure it's beautiful there. You'll be having fun in no time." I raised my eyebrow and he shrugged. "Yeah, it's just Reid and I who are here. No one else came yet... It would've been nice, but you're having fun there with your parents." I was now more interested in who it was. If he's talking to someone else in the stages of trying to get back with Dakota, I was going to be pissed. "Don't go talking to any cute boys on the beach." He rolled his eyes. "Seriously Dakota?" I froze, he's talking to Dakota?

I immediately grew angry. I shook my head and got out of his car, fuming. And Dakota's gone?

"Fuck!" I yelled, wanting to hit something. I stomped away, to my car and slammed the door. I was going to leave, there was no reason for me to be here anymore. Besides, Oliver would be talking about how much he and Dakota are getting along now. I didn't want to hear about that.