Chapter 23

Reid's POV

A month passed by quickly, it was almost time for Thanksgiving. Dakota had been happy lately with the baseball team and so was I. 

We parted ways after our psychology class and I kissed him.

"Meet at the car at two, right?"

"Mhmm." He hummed, squeezing my hand before walking away.

I began walking to my class and I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned around quickly and saw that stupid guy who was messing with Dakota.

I glared at him and pushed him back.

"You have five seconds to get away from me." His eyes widened and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Please, I don't want any trouble. I just have some questions." I stared at him, sighing.

"Two minutes."

"That's all I need. How did you know you were gay?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I... just liked Dakota. There's no lying about it. He made me happy, if I felt alone, he made me feel like I wasn't. Now, I love him and I'd do anything for him." He nodded, looking away. "Are you... going through something like that?" His eyes widened again and he shook his head.

"No! No, I'm not gay!" I shrugged.

"You don't have to be gay to like someone." He ran a hand through his hair.

"Look, I'm really sorry about hurting Dakota. I've had a bad experience with gay people. Now... I'm just going through something and rethinking everything. But I'm not gay!"

"Whatever man. There's nothing wrong with loving a guy. You do what makes you happy." He stared off in the distance, smiling a little. "I've got a class to get to. Good luck." I turned and left.

"Thank you." He yelled after me.

I shook my head, damn, Dakota was right. The guy was gay. I smiled a little, spread the gay huh?

I went to the rest of my classes and met Dakota at the end of the day.

"Hey, you were right about that guy, by the way."

"What guy?" He asked me, confused.

"The guy, Dakota. The asshole who was messing with you. He's gay." He grinned widely.

"That's great! How do you know?"

"Well, he didn't say he was gay. But he asked me how I knew I was. And he apologized for hurting you."

"That's nice. I wish I could help him." I glanced at him to see him roll his eyes.

"Dakota, I don't think that's the best."

"I didn't say I was gonna do it. I said I wished. By the way, his name's Garret."

"Whatever." I said, shrugging.

~

"Reid! Guess what?" Dakota said excitedly, one day after practice.

"What?" I looked behind him and saw Garret holding a guy's hand.

My eyes widened and Dakota smiled widely.

They walked towards us and stopped.

"Thanks for helping me realize." He said nervously. "I-I really feel bad for all I've done to Dakota... to say that I'm the same and I like a guy." He looked at the boy next to him. "I'm glad you helped me realize it wasn't bad to like Ethan." The guy, I'm guessing his name was Ethan, smiled.