Chapter 9

Dakota's POV

I went up to my room and cried. Of course, I end up with a huge crush on my best friend's boyfriend. Then, he starts to like me and tells me he doesn't want to be around me anymore. I knew it was all my fault, but it hurts even more for him to say it.

I wiped my tears and sat in my room, thinking of something to do. I stood and went my parents room.

"Hey guys, I changed my mind. I'll come with you tomorrow." They smiled widely.

"Great sweetie! We're going to have so much fun." I laughed, starting to feel better. I was already looking forward to spending that time with my Mom and Dad. I walked over and hugged them both tightly.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too." I smiled at the two, one of which was my father, who'd been there since I came out the womb. And the other, my mother who'd been there since I was twelve. She's my step mother, yet she loves me just as much so there is no difference.

I left the room, not feeling so bad about Reid anymore, because who cares? He's just a guy. I don't need him.

I went into my room and turned on the TV. I posted a picture on snapchat and called Sadie.

"Hey girl, what's going on?"

"Nothing as always. I'm just bored."

"So am I, but! I'm going with Mom and Dad tomorrow and I should probably pack. But instead, I'm doing nothing." She laughed.

"Shit, I was going to ask you to come over. But I know you're going to have tons of fun doing that instead."

"Of course nothing could ever replace my best friend... though I will have fun there." We laughed. "Hopefully I can find some nice Floridian boys."

"I hope so too, for your sake. And be careful, please?"

"No problem babe." My phone vibrated and I looked at it. I groaned.

"Who is it?"

"Oliver."

"Fuck him."

"I know right." I said, biting my lip.

"Answer it and call me back when you're done... if not I know you're getting laid."

"I wouldn't!" I hung up and accepted his call. "What do you want, you ass?"

"Yours." I rolled my eyes. "Kidding, I'm kidding. I just wanted to let you know that I came out to my parents. They took it quite well, it's my grandparents I'll have to worry about... I mean, that was the hardest part of anything. Telling my parents, and I think I can tell anyone now. So, thank you." I smiled.

"No problem Oliver. I'm glad you came out. It's great, I hope things go well with your grandparents and everyone else. As for our friends, they already know." He laughed.

"Yeah, I know they do. I was thinking, maybe we can try again? I get that you don't trust me, but maybe we can lead up to more stuff. I can take you out on a date. A real date, you know? So I can show you off." I grinned. Don't the boys just love me? They keep coming back.

"We can go on dates until I trust you more. I'm leaving with my parents tomorrow for a week though."

"Oh." He said surprised. "Well, we could try tonight or next week sometime. It doesn't matter to me. And, I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend or anything along those lines. It's just you I want." Hmmm...

"Is that so? Well, I think next week would be nice."

"That's fine. Can I come over today? Not to do anything like that. Just to talk." I pursed my lips. Could I trust him? No, but could I trust myself?... No again.