Chapter 16

Reid's POV

The vacation with Dakota's parents was great. Half of the week we were with them, hanging out. The other half, it was just me and my boy, having the time of our lives.

I officially moved in when we came back, seeing as it was time to start school. It wasn't much different since I barely came home.

The Shea's had built the pool in the back yard and I swam as much as possible. Even if Dakota didn't want to get in, he'd sit to the side and watch me. Just for a while before I convinced him to come in.

"Please baby?" I asked him, poking my lip out as I leaned up to him. I was standing between his legs and he groaned.

"My hair looks fucking amazing right now, and you want me to get in the water?" I nodded slowly.

"I think it looks amazing all the time." I told him. He rolled his eyes but smiled.

"You're just saying that." I shook my head and he leaned down to kiss me.

"I'm not just saying it. Your hair usually looks like this, unless you're just waking up." He ran his hands through my wet hair and pursed his lips.

"I'll get in if..."

"What?"

"You watch drag with me tonight." I rolled my eyes but nodded. I always told him it was a horrible show, but I actually didn't hate it.

"Fine." He grinned and I pulled him into the water. He yelped and wrapped his legs around my waist.

"I did that just to get you to watch drag with me." I rolled my eyes. "You know I like to swim with you."

"Yes, I do."

"And you know you like to watch drag with me. You're gay." I laughed and dunked him underwater. I pulled him back up and he frowned at me. "You're an ass."

"Of course I am. But, you like that." He shrugged.

"Yeah, but you aren't supposed to be an ass to me, just everyone else." I raised my eyebrow.

"So are these the new terms to our relationship?"

"Yup." I looked at him in fake thought.

"I guess I could deal with that." He smiled and kissed me.

"Eww, gross." I looked up to see Felix standing there, smiling at us.

"What's up dude?"

"Nothing much. The usual gang is having a thing tonight if you guys want to come." Dakota tensed up. He and Sadie never made up. Instead, she had a habit of making him feel bad about the whole thing, and he thinks he deserves it.

"Uhh... I don't think we should go dude." He looked at me knowingly.

"You know she isn't right to keep tormenting you about this." He told Dakota. He shrugged. I looked at Felix.

"We'll pass on it this time." I told him and Dakota sighed.

"I shouldn't be like this." He mumbled to me.

"Well she shouldn't be treating you like that. I never loved her, and I really like you. There's no reason we shouldn't be together. She even knew it." He didn't say anything and I sighed. Felix smiled at us.

"You two are the best couple." Dakota hummed and looked up, a confident look in his eye.

"We're going. I'm not letting her tear me down." I grinned widely, it's so hot when he gets like that.