Chapter 4

Reid's POV

I wanted to swim.

I just needed to calm down. Sadie and I had just got into an argument before we got here. She'd been so on edge lately about Dakota. He's barely answered her phone calls and when he does, he rushes off.

We both know he's just hung up over Oliver, which is understandable. He had sex with him, making him think they were together again.

I didn't even mean to punch Oliver. He just pissed me off, talking about how Dakota was so selfish and didn't want to wait for him. So, he went ahead and found someone else. But not before getting a nice fuck. No one deserves to have that happen to them.

Asshole.

I don't really know how I started to actually care about Dakota. Maybe it's because he's Sadie's friend and I care about her. We may possibly just be together longer than I expected. She and I work well together. I mean, I'm starting to get along with her friends. I used to hate when Dakota tagged along with us, but I don't think it's so bad now.

I pulled my shirt off and ran to the water, hoping to clear my mind. I closed my eyes and relaxed once I was fully submerged. I finally felt at peace. I relaxed, letting go of the things that happened at home today.

I pushed myself up and rose above the water, breathing heavily. I swam around a little, seeing Oliver coming in. I nodded to him as he approached me.

"Hey, is Dakota doing better?" He asked me. I stared at him before nodding. I don't understand why he cares now.

"Yeah, he seems fine to me." He sighed.

"I do care about him. I was just hurt that–"

"If you care about someone, you don't bring someone else to a gathering you know they'll be at." He smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah... I know. I've ruined everything between us."

"Yeah, you have you ass." I told him, laughing a little. He laughed too and sighed. "I'm sorry about punching you." He shrugged.

"I deserved it. Maybe one day Dakota will help me come out." I nodded.

"I sure hope so Olly." He laughed and pushed me. I splashed him then pushed his head under the water.

"Dude, not everyone is fucking Percy Jackson." He told me, pushing me under the water. I laughed and swam away from him.

"You're just not a good swimmer." He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever dude." I had my fun in the water before deciding to get out and get something to eat. Oliver came with me, complaining about this girl he brought.

"She keeps trying to kiss me and crap. And then she complained about not knowing anyone here. She's the one who asked to come."

"Well maybe you shouldn't have brought her." I muttered.

I looked at Sadie and Dakota and saw Dakota watching us. How could he still like Oliver after what he did? Way too forgiving.

I shook my head before going over to them. Dakota looked down at his fingers as I approached them, Sadie looking up at me expectantly.

"What's up babe?"

"You two wanna swim? You both said you were."

"Baby, you know I can't swim today." I nodded, understanding. I looked at Dakota and his eyes widened.

"M-Me?" I laughed and nodded. "I can't swim that well. And you two were like drowning each other. No can do. I want to stay alive, I kinda like my life." I laughed and nodded towards the water.