Chapter 1

Dakota's POV

"Dakota sweetie, your father and I are on our way out." My mom shook me awake. I groaned, but reluctantly opened my eyes. I saw my mom sitting on the side of my bed.

"Goodmorning Mom." I mumbled, sitting up and stretching.

"Goodmorning honey. Come down, I've cooked breakfast for you so we can all eat together once more before we go." I nodded and she smiled at me before leaving the room. I wondered how long she'd been trying to wake me up. I was such a hard sleeper, it usually took a bit of effort.

I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I grinned at myself and ran a hand through my blond hair. I have blue eyes and long lashes along with a perfect smile. My face always stayed cleanly shaven, and although I had a few pimples every now and then, I thought I was flawless.

"Boy, are you sexy." I winked at myself and went to the toilet to pee.

As I went through my morning routine, I thought of what I'd be doing today. It's summer after all, and my mother and father were going to be leaving for a business trip today. The two owned several different companies and always had meetings all over the world. I usually go with them when it's summertime, but this time, I opted out.

They were supposed to only be gone for a week but I would still miss them.

I went downstairs and saw the two of them waiting for me to come down. Well, Mom was making coffee and Dad was typing on his phone.

"Goodmorning Dad." He smiled at me and I went over and patted his shoulder. I frowned at him and fixed his tie.

"Goodmorning D."

"Why are you even wearing this tie?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"Your mother said I wear jeans to too many of our meetings." He muttered before winking at me. I laughed and shook my head.

"I'll admit, you do. But you pull it off." He laughed and Mom brought the coffee to the table. The plates were already there and my stomach was growling.

"What're you two talking about?" She asked, eyeing us.

"How hungry I am." Dad said rubbing his stomach. She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"Well, now we can eat." I dug in, and Mom began talking.

"So Dakota, are you going to be hanging out with Oliver today?" I shrugged.

"I don't know if I want to date him anymore. He'd be a good friend. I'll probably just hang out with Sadie." Dad raises his eyebrow.

"I liked Oliver. What happened?"

"Well, he didn't want to be out with me. And yeah, I understand that it's scary to come out but, he put his friends in front of me too much because of it. He was just too afraid to even hang out with me a little. But he was sweet when it was just us." I sighed. Oliver was a great guy, honestly. I just had too many problems with his friends.

"Aww, sweetie. I'm so sorry." Mom told me. I shrugged.

"I'm fine with it, honestly." I laughed a little. I wasn't exactly telling the truth, but I would eventually be okay with it.

"It's okay, you're going to find a nice young man who's out and will proudly show you off." My father told me. I smiled widely, they were so supportive.