Chapter 11

Dakota's POV

My vacation with my mom and dad was going well. I loved Florida
and I loved the guys here too. But, Oliver didn't too much like that I thought the guys were hot.

"I'm not going to do anything with them. They're just attractive."

"Not sweet and a total package like me." I laughed.

"Yeah, I agree." He laughed too and sighed.

"So what're you guys doing for the last two days?"

"My parents have to wrap up the conference today. Then from there, we're just gonna have a family day tomorrow. So, I'll explore the hotel today. Probably go to the spa."

"That sounds nice. It would've been fun to come along." I shrugged. I don't think so, but I'll agree.

"Yeah, it would've. I've got to go, I'll call you later?"

"Yeah, bye." I hung up and sighed. I can't help but compare him to Reid. If Reid came, then it would be fun. He and I would play in the pool or go to beach, or who knows what?

I sighed. Why does he have to be an asshole? Then I laughed.

I did ask for this, didn't I? For Oliver to be nice and for Reid to be an asshole. I guess I didn't really want that. I began to get dressed to do something. I didn't know what yet, but I was bored.

My phone dinged and I looked down at it.

Dickface
I take it back. I do want to talk to you. I rolled my eyes. Who says you get to dictate when we can talk? I laughed at his name and shook my head. I'm hilarious.

I don't want to talk to you Reid. Leave me alone.

I threw my phone down and finished getting dressed. I guess I would go to the spa, it could help.

~
Reid texted me every now and then while I was in Florida. I ignored him for most of it. On the trip home, he texted me again, just once.

Please Dakota. I wish I would've never said what I did. I was stupid.

That you were.

The next day, I woke up in a good mood. Oliver was supposed to be taking me out tonight. I stretched and grinned, looking at my phone.

I really miss you.

I rolled my eyes and read it, closing it. I heard the doorbell ring and I raised my eyebrow, I hope Oliver isn't here. This is hours early.

I went downstairs and opened the door. Reid stood there, smiling at me and I tried closing it back, but his reflexes were faster. Not to mention he was stronger.

"What do you want with me?" I groaned, giving up.

"I... I want you." I raised my eyebrows and stared at him, taken aback.

"You what?" He sighed and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm tired of acting like I don't like you. I messed up, trying to push you away. But I don't want that. I know you're probably happy with Oliver and he's treating you so well, but we both know I'm better for you."

"Reid... I don't know, you've got Sadie and it's just not right for us to be together."

"You don't mean that Dakota." I didn't mean it at all, but I swallowed and nodded. "Tell me if you mean it after this." He pulled me into him and smashed his lips into mine. I melted into him and threw my arms around his neck. I definitely wouldn't be telling him I meant it. He pulled back and rubbed my back softly. "I won't fuck it up again Dakota. I'll break up with Sadie." My eyes widened.