Chapter 14

Chapter 14

*KEZZIAH*

“NO! I won’t allow you to d anything to me or to my child!” I exclaimed when they told me that we have to abort the baby.

I can’t believe how it seemed so easy for them to tell me to kill my unborn innocent child. They don’t know what will happen in the future. Even Estephan seemed to agree with them.

“But my lady…”

“I already made my decision and it’s a no.” I said firmly cutting off Rama.

“Z, your life will be in danger and we don’t know how that kid will….”

“That’s why I said no, because we don’t know what my child can do or not.” I told Nate.

Estephan kept silent in the corner but I know that he is struggling as I am. Castor and Sham are having expressions that I haven’t seen before, the looked worried and uncertain. Rama is worried but he is determined that we should kill the child.

I started crying. I feel like they are ganging up on me. I didn’t expect to have a child this early in my life but I never thought, even in my wildest dream to kill a child, especially my baby.

“Z is right.” all our head went to the direction where Kevin is. I found my ally. “We still don’t know what will happen. Even Rama said that he is not certain if the mothers will really die or something. That child may be like a monster but with proper guidance and love from everyone especially from Z and …her husband, I think there will be no problem.” He said.

I wiped my tears with my hands. Kevin has a point. I saw Esteohan stiffen from where he is standing. He said that he doesn’t like Kevin that much, but I don’t care. Kevin knows how I feel and that makes me a little bit better.

“You don’t understand Kev, it happened before and it was dangerous both the mother and Artavia. And I can’t allow that to happen.” Nate said.

“Nate, how can you talk like that to your future niece or nephew? I am so disappointed I you. Of all people you guys are the one I expected to be at my side.” I told him and I also gave a stare at Estephan. I wanted him to know that I needed his support, but to my dismay, he averted my eyes.

“You are so stubborn Z. Of course I don’t want anything of this to happen, but if I have to choose between you and that unborn child that who knows what can do to you and to us, then I will choose you.” Nate said and with that, he stormed out of the room.

“I want everyone out. I need some time for myself.” I told everyone.

I lay down in bed with my back facing all of them. I heard foot steps that I assumed from Kevin and some flopping of wings. Then the door was closed. But I know someone is still here with me, my husband.

“Are you going doubt our child too?” I whispered as I felt him sitting beside me.

“To be honest…I don’t know what to do. But I don’t want you to be in danger. It was all my fault, I couldn’t wait, I was selfish and I could only think of myself that I haven’t thought about the consequences. Now, the one who’s suffering is not me, but you and our baby.” I said and I felt his sorrow.

“This is not your fault; you didn’t know anything about that part of the history of Artavia right?”

“Yes. But still I was already told that I should not touch you for a year but I did not listen.” He said.

I faced him and touched his face. “Estephan, don’t blame yourself on anything and don’t worry everything will be alright.” I said.

*ESTEPHAN*