Chapter 10

Chapter 10

♦KEZZIAH♦

I woke up and it’s already night time… So much for wanting to have some quality time with my mom. I touch my head cause I think I had some head ache. As I moved my body to a different position, a body is beside me.

“Geez, can you please stop doing that Estephan?” I said when I saw him staring at me with a smirk.

“Sorry, I can’t help it.” He said.

“Why are you even here?” I ask as we both shift into sitting position facing each other.

He smiled. “I missed you…so I decided to fly all the way here. I’m surprised to find out that you window is so easy to open.” He said.

I felt my heart skipped a beat. Yup that moment when you are so overwhelmed by someone saying sweet things to you, that kind of feeling is worth skipping a beat of my heart.

“Well… I’m sorry for not locking the window…wait…you flew all the way here?” he nodded. “Are you crazy! What if people will see you? You will surely end up in science laboratory!” I exclaimed in a low voice.

He chuckled. He took my hand and kissed it. I blushed. “Do not worry My Lady. For your information, I am the fastest flyer among all the Artavians, so I’m pretty sure that no one has seen me.” He said confidently.

I exhaled for relief. “Well,… that’s good to know.”

He chuckled again. “It’s also good to know that you are actually worried about me.”

I hissed because of embarrassment. How can he say those things so easily? Then a memory flashed before me. “Ahm…Estephan, I wanted to clarify some things.” He looked at me and made a small nod. “Being a Lector…does it mean that I can also see…things?” I asked.

He grimaced. “What do you mean?”

“When I got here…I saw blood in my wrist. It’s like my wrists will be cut off from my arm, it was bleeding so much. I panicked and rushed in, when I saw mom I asked for help but she seemed calm. She even asked me what’s the matter with me then when I looked at my wrists again…the blood was gone.” I said.

“Well, maybe you were just tired.” He suggested.

“No I’m not. I even saw you with some black aura when you got jealous with Kevin.”

He crocked his eyebrow. “Really?”

“Yeah….you were releasing this darkness in you that’s when I realized that you were jealous… shoot! Speaking of Kevin!”

“What is it?”

“I totally forgot about our date.” I looked at the watch and it’s seven o’clock. “I’m so dead.”

Like a cue, my phone rang. It’s Kevin.

“Oh My Gosh I’m so sorry!” I said immediately.

“Where are you?” he asked. His tone is kind of mad…can’t blame him.

“I am so sorry Kev, I fell asleep and when I woke up it’s already…night.” I said and bit my lower lip.

There was a moment of silence then I heard him sigh. “I understand…”

“Really?”

“Yeah…I shouldn’t have asked you to have a date with me when you are clearly tired from traveling.” He said.

I made an awww internally. How sweet of him to understand. “A-are you sure?”

“Yeah…”

“H-how long have you been waiting?” I asked feeling nervous.