Chapter 15

*ESTEPHAN*

Days have gone by and it seems like Kezziah is slowly dying while bearing our child. It hurts…it hurts to see that the one you love is suffering alone and all you can do is watch from the side lines. Every time I hear her agonizing screams while she was sleeping is tormenting me inside. She basically skin and bones now, her appearance drastically changed. Everyone is worried because aside from all the changes of her body, she’s sleeping most of the time. We have to wake her up for her to be able to eat but her body is too weak to be able to let her eyes open. But every time she’s awake, she always told us not to harm the baby, and so we did.

The time has come where Kezziah has to give birth. Unlike any other child birth, the room where Kezziah is was silent. We aren’t allowed to come in.

Nate kept on walking back and forth outside the room and it was somehow irritating but that’s not important right now.

“Why is it so silent?” Nathan muttered. “This is driving me crazy.”

“Maybe she just lost all her strength and they are having a caesarian section.” Kevin said.

“Is that possible here? I mean caesarian? This is not the normal world anymore right?” Nathan asked bewildered by his own question.

I sighed. “I don’t know. No one is telling us anything.” I said.

Another silence fell upon us as we wait for another hour to the results. At last Rama came out from the room bringing a tiny little being in his arms.

Rama smiled reluctantly and handed me the little being. “It’s a boy. The Queen named him Skyler.”

I had mixed emotions as I held for the very first time…my child, my son. “Skyler…what a beautiful name.” I mutter and smiled at him.

“Awwww, I guess he took his handsomeness from me.” Nate tried to lighten up the mood but failed when he asked the question. “How’s my sister?”

Rama’s smile from his face fell off. “The Queen…she…”

“Tell us.” I said.

“She fell asleep…and we don’t know when she will regain her consciousness…” Rama stopped and looked at me and then Nate.

“What?!” Nate impatiently said.

“Or if she will ever regain her consciousness again.” He said.

“What are you talking about?” Kevin asked.

Rama gulped. “The child, took all her energy. We did everything that we could do to help her but she just closed her eyes after naming the child. She’s still breathing though so that means we still have a chance to bring her back.”

“How?”

“I still have to search about it since this is the first time that this happened in Artavia. For I know my King, I suggest that we should all take some rest.

We did what Rama said even though we are frustrated that we can’t do anything about it. I entered our room and put Skyler on his own bed that Kezziah prepared beforehand.  I smiled when I saw that he has my features but he has her mother’s eyes. Those beautiful eyes.

“You must be tired huh…Skyler.” I was a bit jittery when I called his name. He smiled at me. “Let’s go to sleep and let’s visit you mother tomorrow. I said and kissed his forehead.

The night was silent but I still can’t fall asleep. I decided to take a look at my son and to my surprised he wasn’t there. I panicked and looked around but I still can’t find him. Suddenly the thought of Kezziah entered my mind. “Impossible.” I thought.

I flew on the corridors as fast as I could until I found her nursing room where she was resting. I was taken aback when I saw…Skyler on her mother’s arm. I made a step closer to them that brought to another surprised. The baby, my child had his wings spread across her mother. He was like sleeping in her arms. And what shocked me the most was Kezziah looked better as if he was giving him life and some color was shown on her face.

I called up Rama and Nate and like me, they were also shocked.

“This is amazing. I have never seen this before.” Rama blurted out his excitement of seeing new events.

“That’s child, after sucking the life out of my sister, now his giving her some? I don’t get this.” Nate said.

“It’s looks like Skyler is not just giving her life. Look at her while she’s holding the baby, she’s smiling like she was having a good dream both of them looked like they are having a good dream.” I said as I observed their smiling faces.

“Yeah…you’re right. And is it even possible to have wings these big with the size of this midget? I mean baby? He’s like a few hours old.” Nate pointed out.

“True, but this is still a big mystery to us. We don’t what’s happening right now and all we have are still theories. But having these wings…I haven’t gotten wings this long until I was a hundred years old.” Rama said. “And it has the color of pure gold, a pure color of royalty.”

We still don’t know what to do in this new mystery that is happening to us right now. But seeing Kezziah regaining life is a relief. I don’t know what our child can do, if the legend was right or wrong. But right now I am glad that I see both of them.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'''

First of all I am so sorry for not upaloading for a lone time. life was tough. I've been trying to find a job this past few months and it seems like the world is against me somehow. hahaha and last week my mom was hospitalized due to some personal circumstances of our family that made her blood pressure rise. 

Anyways, thank you so much for the continuous support. please like, vote and comment. 

This is a short chapter so again, I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY ABOUT MY LACKNESS. :((

THANK YOU EVERYONE >.< LOVE YAH <3