Chapter 3

Chapter 3

♦ KEZZIAH♦

Estephan held my body tight as we flew our way to their garden. I wonder how big it is. We arrive and my jaw dropped whatever feet we are at to the ground. It is huge and beautiful. The ambiance is so peaceful. I don’t even know how to describe this place without using beautiful, pretty, astonishing as its adjectives. I looked at Estephan, who looks so dashing. I don’t what’s wrong with me, but I don’t want him to let go of me… is this some spell that he has cast upon me? Little tinkerbelles flew around us and some other flying creatures.

“Wow, I never thought of seeing so many tinkerbelles.” I said while looking around the place.

I heard Estephan made a little laugh. “They are called Taries.” He said.

“That sounds like Fairies with a T.” I said and chuckle.

“Good day your highness, my Lady.” Some Taries greets us along the way.

Estephan just ignores them. “Hey guys… have a good day too.” I said and waved at them. The Taries seem taken aback by what I did. Estephan even looked at me. “What?”

“You don’t greet them back just like that.” He said.

“Well at least I greeted them, not like you.” I said.

“We are royalties, so we have to do things around here with grace.” He said.

“So? That doesn’t mean that we can’t mingle with them… wait... did you just said, we?”

“Yes, unless you have problems with your hearing.” He said sarcastically.

I hiss. “For a soon to be ruler in this kingdom, you sure knows how to respect your soon to be wife.” I pout. I stop as I heard myself saying the hideous thing. Estephan looks at me with a compose-shock expression on his face. “I’m just… saying… it’s not really me… I’m just r-referring to another person… you know… that is willing to get married with you.” I said stammering. Crap, I can’t even talk straight now.

He laughed. That’s the first time in my entire day to see him laugh. He’s actually pretty when he doesn’t look serious all the time. “Whether you like it or not, you are going to be my wife.” He said then looks ahead of us. “We’re here, so behave yourself.”

We landed on the ground softly. Estephan held my hand while we walked towards his parents. Why is this so nerve-wracking? It’s like I’m meeting my in-laws for the first time, well not that I’m accepting to marry this stranger with wings… it’s just… I’m nervous.

He made some curtsy. “Good day, Father, Mother.” Estephan said then looked at me.

I don’t know what to do but then I made some curtsy too. His parents turn and face us. Both of them looks so stunning and beautiful, no wonder Estephan looks like this… I mean he looks good. The Queen has stripe wings too, just like mine. So she’s a human. And they don’t look ..old, they just look like five years older then us.

“Greetings, My king… M-my Queen.” I said.

Both of them move closer and give me a hug. “It is nice to see you again Kezziah.” The king smile at me. “You have grown beautifully.” He said with all grace and it’s like he knew me.

I blush at his compliment. “Thank you, Your highness.” I said. The Queen was silent but she smiled at me and I smiled back at her.

“Let us have a seat.” The king offer.

Estphan and I took our seats across the King and the Queen. It was so awkward that Estepahn wasn't letting go of my hand. Maybe he’s nervous. I have learned that the king’s name is Jovian while the queen is Ayana.