Chapter 13

Chapter 13

*KEZZIAH*

After 2 days of sleeping, Kevin finally woke up. He did not remember anything until he noticed that the room was different. He was not able to speak at first as he looked around the place. He was shocked to see Estephan having wings and seeing Nate to act so familiar with him, I was shocked at that too. Nate really showed hatred to Estephan but after they went back from who knows where, they seemed to be attached to one another. I’m happy about it though.

“Are you alright?” I asked Kevin as I gave him a glass water.

He looked around once again. “Yeah…I think.” He drank the water but finished the half of it. He took a deep breath. “Where are we?” He asked me with a confused look.

“We’re in Artavia.” Nate answered. “It’s good that your back Kev, we’re in a lot of shit here.” He said.

“Nate!” I tried to stop him.

“What? He will know now or know later, what the difference? He has to know while the news is still hot.” He turned to Kevin again who looks even more confused. “Look, we are in a different world just suck that fact in your head and don’t  ask why it takes a lot of time to answer that question.” I rolled my eyes with his explanation. Kevin made a glance at me that says ‘WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?’. “To cut the story short, Z’s life is in danger and we have to find her protector and some asshole named Raz wants to kidnap her or something.” Nate said.

“What?” Kevin said that made Nate sighed and rolled his eyes.

“What is wrong with you dude? Did you hit your head or something?” Nate said.

“Nate, just give him some time to sink in the reality. He’s not like you that can abnormally adapt to the situation.” I said and it was true. When I first got here, I freaked out while Nate can already ride a flying horse. How weird is that?

“Fine.” He said and left the room.

“Why is he here? And why is he wearing some costume?” Kevin whispered at me reffering to Estephan standing at the corner of the room.

I pressed my lips and swallowed an invisible lump. “Uhm… He is…”

“King.”

“What?”

“He’s name is King right?” Kevin said.

“Ah..yeah and he’s…” I can’t find the right words to say.

“I am his husband.” Estephan simply said.

Kevin jerked his head towards his direction and furrowed eyebrow. “What?”

“We are married and she is my Queen. Here in Artavia I am King Estephan. My name is Estephan.” He said clearing the questions that was on Kevin’s mind.

Kevin looked at me. I nodded knowing that he want to know if what Estephan said was true.

“Can you please leave first? I need to talk to him in private.” I told Estephan. He hesitated at first because he doesn’t want to leave my side ever since Raz letter came, but he still did, for my sake. When the door was closed I look at Kevin and sat beside his bed. I held his hand and took some air to my lungs for me to be able to speak to him clearly, because I am literally nervous on how can I say this to him and how can I make him understand. “Back in our world, I was gone for two days, but here in Artavia it was already several months.” I started. He just stared at me. “Remember the carnival?” He nodded. “The magician took me as a volunteer and I never came out? That was the time that I was brought here in Artavia. The magician was Estephan and at the same day…we…we got married.” I said.