CHAPTER SIXTEEN

 Flying

Flying.

Not to my doom. Not to my tomb.

But into the arms of my saviour with a zoom.

I inhale, my body shaking with such force I think I'm going to tumble out of the arms wrapped so tightly around me. In and out. In and out. In and out.

Chanting to no avail, panic seeps through my pores, bleeding out in deep breaths of utter hysteria.

Fudge.

A large hand tugs their fingers through my hair, pulling my head closer to their chest, their lips smothering me all over.

Fudge!

My eyes pool, the world becoming a scary blur and I start to feel tiny droplets of water splatter my cheeks, streaming down my face to my hands that continue to tremble.

Fudg— fudge it— no fuck it! Fuck it! I'm sorry mama but fuck! Fuck!

Swiftly, my body twists, my feet joining the ground again — a very safe way away from the cliff — and I clutch onto my protector's arms, willing him to never let me go. In return his hands grip onto my face, his hands absorbing my tiny head, and locking his deathly, dark green eyes with mine. I feel the calluses of his hands rough against my skin, his thumb caressing my cheek softly in a soothing pattern.

It surprises me that somehow through the numbness my natural, human senses are still working, almost willing me to not shut down. But at the same time the world disappeared from my eyes the same time my stomach lurched into the deep depths of the cavern, this boy that I couldn't look away from in front of me, the only thing I'm in tune with. Only him.

And I only want him.

Now, I'm flying again, whipped away from my safety and a scream erupts from my mouth, someone else tucking me under their arms. But I don't want their arms. Only his.

Gurgles come out of my mouth, screaming and crying at the same time, creating a noise so desperate that even I'm surprised.

I try to speak but I can't. My mouth opens and closes but nothing happens. I want him!