PROLOGUE

 "Wait up, Ashlynn!" I shout when Ashlynn goes to leave the cabin after her sister

Brooklynn, Ashlynn's sister, runs along our path until it reaches another trail. Each one leads off to a different cabin, the widest one leading to the centre of the camp. She picks that one and passes many trees on her way. At the half way mark, she stops. She jerks left, her ponytail swinging to the side, before disappearing, leaving only the green hills and a bright, blue sky in the distance.

"Hurry up, Lexi!" Ashlynn's bright blue eyes shine wildly.

Bouncing from side to side, her blonde hair jumps with her. She's desperate to go after her sister and win the race.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" I fumble with my laces, trying to tie them.

Stupid, shoelaces. Why couldn't my mom just let me have the ones that fastened?

My Mom and Dad are always away working, so don't have time to teach me. I suppose I understand. But they could've at least got me velcro's!

"Lexi!"

Sighing, I give up on my shoes and grab Brooklynn's flip-flop's. She won't mind. Well, I hoped she wouldn't.

I would've grabbed my own if Colton hadn't broken them. I hate Colton. He's a meanie pants! He's always tripping me over or stealing my dessert. He once pushed me into a muddy puddle and soaked me; I ended up with a cold. It was horrible.

I wish I could stand up to him but he's a boy. And he's so much bigger than me.

The cabin door flies open as Ashlynn runs out. Jumping to my feet, I chase after Ashlynn, my hair flowing everywhere as I run. The cabin door slams shut behind me with a bang as I finally catch up to her.

"Lexi, your hair is like a bird's nest," she giggles.

"I didn't have time to brush it." My lips squeeze together as my cheeks puff out, "Is it really that bad?"

"Yes!" She continues giggling, her nose scrunching up and she bends over holding her stomach.

"Ashlynn, seriously?"