CHAPTER ELEVEN

"I'm just so angry!" I shout, pacing around Brooklynn's counsellor suite

Like mine, her's is a small, unfurnished (completely wooden) room with the necessities. Our own duvet sets from back home creating the only difference: a lavish black and mauve combo versus an electric, teal ombré. Guaranteed, they clash but somehow, like our friendship although tested, works.

"You have a right to be! That little... little scumbag, yes scumbag, and his campers completely ruined all your stuff!" Ashlynn grumbles, hands on hips and a frown dotted on her usually glowing face.

I chuckle, Ashlynn wasn't the best at being hateful, she's just too, how do I put it, precious. With a shake of my head, I sit down beside her, smile and lean backwards so I'm now flopped across Brooklynn's bed.

"Ashley's right, although scumbag wasn't the word I was thinking of." Brooklynn combs a hand through her hair.

"You're right, I'm definitely thinking of a few choice words right now."

Brooklynn tilts her head slightly, a look of interest clouding her eyes. "Go on."

I frown. "I can't go further than reality? He flooded my dorm, ruined my stuff and my camper's and I are all sleeping wherever we can with nothing here to our name." I take a deep breath. "I'm livid, but what can I do?"

Silence lingers over the three of us for a few moments, clogs turning twice over, thoughts running wild.

"What if you can?"

I turn to Brooklynn, my curiosity peaked. "What by retaliating? Come on, we've been over this, it will just make things worse."

"Look, Lexi, Colton's mind works differently, no retaliation isn't a sign to stop, it's a sign to continue. In his mind he's winning but if there's no consequences to your actions, what's to stop him from doing it again?"

For a moment, I find myself in the brain of Colton, it's complex and most definitely confusing but I understand for a second what he sees.

"I'm not sure, this is outside of my character."

"No, It's not. Brooke's right, you should prank back, this can be you. Think of it like this: we as humans react differently to different situations, we put on a new persona per say but each persona is us, it's just our response to a different variable."

Sitting back up, I think about what Ashlynn has just said. She's right in a way, just like there is different sides to different stories there is different sides to each of us.

"I've never thought of it like that?" I say.

"Neither, but she's right, it's like fifty shades of Alexis." Brooklynn smirks.

Immediately the room is filled with sounds familiar to a pig, all of us in hysterics. Stomachs vibrating and mouths open wide, teeth shinning.

"Omg, stop!" I laugh.