CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Around me, tiny girls chirp happily, little legs wobbling under the weight of duffels — or rather what's left of duffels

Around me, tiny girls chirp happily, little legs wobbling under the weight of duffels — or rather what's left of duffels. Thankfully, our cabin's back to normal, any damage now fixed and ready to be inhabited again. Having already entered myself, it's safe to say that the cabin looks a lot less like it did at the start of the summer. Stripped of furnishings, the girls and I have a lot to do to make it homelier again. Funnily enough, stark walls and un-sanded floors gave the cabin the wrong vibe. And of course, there's the bunk beds to assemble.

Being no builder myself, I'd enlisted the help of Tanner and Braden, although Braden's about as much help as me, mind you. I swear he's been staring at the instructions to ensemble the beds for half an hour now, various wooden planks around him barely moving an inch every few minutes.

"Um, Braden? Are you sure you know what you're doing?" I ask for the fifth time.

"Yes," he grumbles, holding up to parts in confusion.

"He really doesn't, does he?" Tanner says, appearing at my side and surveying the scene.

Braden glares at him. "You try it then! All you've had to do is sand the floors, and that's easy, you were driving a damn machine!"

"Gianna didn't trust you not to crash it." He smirks. "Hey, not everyone can be as gifted as me, don't worry about it."

"That's it, I give up!" Braden groans, standing up.

"Gianna owes me ten bucks."

"You bet on me?"

"Obviously, duh."

"You're such a di—"

"Alrighty then!" I interrupt, "why don't you go help the girls?"

"The girls are doing fine, it's Braden that needs the help—"

"I will hurt you."

Tanner holds up his hands in defence before scurrying off to help the campers, much to Riley's delight. Eight years old and she knew what she wanted, and that just so happened to be Tanner. By the blush on her face, I'm pretty sure he knew but then again, guys were guys and I'm pretty sure if he'd had any inclination he wouldn't have whipped off his t-shirt revealing eight pecks of shimmering glory.

And trust me when I say that the puddle of water forming in my mouth wasn't because of the fumes the sander whipped up earlier

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies," a rather gruff voice scoffs from the side.

I turn around, embarrassment on my face. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, c'mon, you were clearly staring."

I stay silent taking notice of his stiff stance. Sure, Braden was never a macho tough looking guy, but he is toned, just not like Tanner or even Colton. But he's attractive none the less.