CHAPTER SIX

"Um, why is there only two packets of sweets? I'm not sharing!" Natalia cries out, cradling the Haribo's to her chest

"Because the little rug-rats took the rest to their outdoor movie with the senior counsellors." Vivian says, taking her glasses off and placing them on the floor next to her. Squinting slightly at first, she then lunges to grab the bag off Natalia.

"Hey!" Natalia screams, "Mine!"

"Cut the crap and pass us the sweets, Nat."

"You'll have to catch me, Brooke!" With that, Natalia's up on her feet running to the opposite side of my cabin, Brooklynn quick to run after her.

Four or five minutes' pass and a quarter of the other bag of Haribo's disappear. Brooklynn and Natalia far too distracted to notice Ashlynn and I munching on the heavenly goodies. Vivian spotting us doesn't cross our minds once; she's as blind as a bat. Might not have been the most accurate of sayings but that didn't change the fact that we're probably a blur to her.

Ten minutes' pass and nothing changes except the amount of Haribo's left, half already gone. On the eleventh minute, Natalia flops to the floor panting. "Can't a girl eat her treats in peace?"

"No!" we shout simultaneously.

"Go, away," she replies, sticking her tongue out in defeat.

"Ash, you and Lexi ate most of the other damn bag of fucking sweets!" Brooklynn whines, chucking all sense of flowery sentences to the side.

Brookie and Ash... I could never decide if I found Ashlynn's part in it sickening or cute considering that nickname's becoming nearly, twenty years old.

"What! I was going to eat those!"

"Nat, you're going to explode if you eat two, family size packs!" Vivian laughs, speaking in the direction of the wrong blur, hands out in front of her trying to locate her glasses. No one moves to help her because what are friends for, right?

"No, I won't, I'll go to the gym afterwards!"

"Nat, your figure is amazing and I'm not joking, but the last time you went to the gym you had a McDonald's afterwards..." I trail off, chucking Vivian her glasses at last.

"Nuh, uh! I went to the gym so I could have the McDonalds afterwards!" I shake my head to stop myself from laughing, Natalia is a special person.

"Whatever, let's just eat what's left of the sweets," Brooklynn grumbles.

"Oh, cheer up, Brooke." Pushing her shoulder teasingly, I laugh, my eyebrows wiggling. "Braden has been asking about you."

Brooklynn lets out a groan her whole body deflating in anguish. "When will that boy get the fucking hint?"

"Um, never?" I offer.