CHAPTER TWELVE

All plans have flaws, my plan's fatal flaw? Well, guess who still has a day left of counselling with Colton? My only saving grace is the children

All plans have flaws, my plan's fatal flaw? Well, guess who still has a day left of counselling with Colton? My only saving grace is the children. Not a sentence I imagined myself saying but god am I thankful for them. Surely with a buffer in place he can't do much?

Right?

Standing still, my body inflates and deflates rapidly. Damn, I need to get out of my head. Right, c'mon Lexi, nice thoughts, nice thoughts! Beaches, guys in swimming shorts on beaches, guys in swimming shorts on beaches with abs, guys in swimming shorts on beaches with sweat glistening down them, running towards me to ravis–

"Alexis!" Oh for heaves sake.

To my disappointment, I open my eyes, making a mental note not to forget my day dream in a hurry, turn and face Lianna. "Yes?"

"Are we going to be standing here all day?"

"No Lianna, we're just waiting for Colton and the other campers." I force a smile.

Speak of the devil and he shall arrive the saying goes, and Satan my friends has just made an entrance. Walking towards us, he treads through the sand, dodgeball's in a bag swung over his shoulder, red horns above his head and a tail behind him.

Okay, maybe not but he's still evil!

His rigid body spots me and if it's possible his scowl grows, wrapping around his face and taking hostages.

But that's not even the best part. Ten shades darker and sporting green hair he literally looks like he's been taken out of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Imagine an Oompa Loompa but with abs. Got it? Now there you go: Colton.

I would come to regret it, but I just had to say something. Maybe it was the sun that was making me delirious, shining on the lake and sparkling on the grains of the man-made beach beside it. Or was it the fact that I hadn't slept in proper bed in days. I couldn't tell you but I also couldn't stop myself.

"Looking good buddy, that colour really makes your uniform pop." I smirk.

Okay now that, that felt good.

Little giggles erupt out of the girls' chests around me, small and innocent but capable of angering the beast in front of me.

He growls. He literally growls at me. And suddenly, we're in a werewolf fic.

"What pack are you from then?" I ask, holding back a chuckle.

A wiggle of an eyebrow's enough to turn the man-eating wolf into a confused pup.

"Werewolves? You know, because you growled?"

Silence.

"Alright maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought." Wow, tough crowd.