Chapter 1: A Missing Link

More than half a year had passed as the Hearts of Light remained shattered. Melody Waters had separated from the Hearts completely. She believed the only way of forgetting everything was to become a new person, so she threw away everything and acted differently. She befriended new friends, and became best friend's with a rather petite girl named Laina Vines.

Theodore Widdicombe had moved on as well. He stuck to Luke Solano and Evan Cazares, while also becoming great friends with Claus Camperry. The four were rarely praised as heroes around their significantly small campus, and often taken as a joke despite what they did to free the players trapped within Twisting Web Online. The school they had attended was only for those who had their education hindered in anyway possible. Jacob Solano and Douglas Nguyen volunteered as teachers to aid the kids. Mari Montiel had attended a community college, but occasionally volunteered to help tutor for community service.

Sadly, Justin Tran remained the same. His friends called him crazy, exclaiming how he'd gone mad. His parents died from drug overdose when he had been trapped in Twisting Web Online, and he watched his only two brothers die for him in Sword Art Online. His only two sisters gave up on him as well, leaving him alone as they traveled to Japan for a new lifestyle. He only had Josh Tran, who helped him socialize; now he was gone as well. Justin never believed that. He spent every hour searching for a small piece of his best friend. Six months' worth of searching in his small room passed as he lived in Douglas's house. Six months well spent, for he had found what he was looking for: Hope.

Theo sat down quietly. He yawned as he looked around the small campus, and decided to go to the restroom to check on himself. He stared at the short young-man in the mirror, messy blond hair running wild, pale white skin, and a pair of deep green eyes staring back at him. I'm suppose to be 18, an adult? Psh, what a wild joke to play. Then again, it has been three years since Sword Art, damn, 14 when I went in. My recent birthday didn't help either... I wonder if I should change up a bit. I am older, and almost supposed to be "mature" adult. He chuckled. Yea right. I'll never change, I love me. He managed a weak smile.

"Staring at yourself again huh?" Luke walked into the restroom. His shaggy brown hair with a side swept fringe seemed to shine in the dimly lighted bathroom, only to have a part of it covered by a grey beanie. The tanned skin on his arms crossed when his dark brown eyes squinted just as he smirked.

"You're here early," Theo stared at him with grief, "guessing you're over the headband craze?"

"Jacob threw Bandie away," Luke looked into the bathroom mirror to adjust his beanie, but then glanced down. He quickly shook his head and looked at Theo, "we gave up on Justin. He's a lost cause. Douglas said it's okay that he stays with him anyway."

"Damn," Theo sighed deeply, "and I thought I was stubborn."

"Give him a break, he's lost nearly everything. What would happen if you lost Eliza?" Luke had been quickly slapped. It stung as they left the restroom, and the cold morning air had made the slap worse. "I'm sorry, I forgot," he put his hand over his cheek.

"Eliza died over a year ago, and I couldn't even be there to say goodbye," Theo had slightly raised his voice as he continued walking. "Her disability had caught up to her, say anything again, and it will be more than a slap."

"Right. Sorry," Luke put his hands up to calm him down. They walked back to where Theo had been sitting before.

"Other than that, did you finish Mrs. E's homework?" Theo ask as he sat.