t w e n t y

Emerson's POV:

I finished brushing out Marlowe's curled hair before pinning her bangs back with a red bow. "You look beautiful." Justin smiled, standing in the doorway. Marlowe smiled and went to hug him. She was wearing a long sleeved red dress with a lacy cream colored collar, a pair of cream colored tights, and red flats. "Thanks baby." I smiled and pecked his lips. "Let's go before we're late." I said as we left.

I smiled as Marlowe's class signed Jingle Bells. She was standing with Lily and was smiling the entire time. I'm so proud of how much Marlowe has grown. I didn't think that a lot would change when she got into school but the change is incredible. When the recital finished, we all applauded and started leaving. "Hey, I was going to take Lil to a hot chocolate bar. Do you want to go?" Megan smiled, holding her husband, Tyler's hand. "Yeah, That sounds great." I smiled.

I helped Marlowe make her got chocolate before taking it to the table. "What did you get?" Justin asked. He showed him her mug before sipping from it. She got whipped cream with chopped peppermint and chocolate syrup. "Is it good?" Megan asked and she nodded, smiling. "How far along are you?" "Almost three months." I smiled. She nodded. "Do you think you're having a girl or a boy." "Boy." Justin and I said at the same time. We both looked at each other before laughing. "Do you want a brother or sister?" I asked Marlowe. She signed girl over and over again, making me smile.

I laid Marlowe carefully in her bed as I went back downstairs with Justin. Our Christmas tree was lighting up the living room as he picked a movie for us to watch. I sat beside him and curled up. "This is our first Christmas living together." I smiled. He nodded and looked at me. "I can't believe it. It's different when I'm living by myself and I celebrate with my family but now I'm with you and Marlowe and we get to celebrate together." He smiled. I hugged him and he gently pecked my lips.