f o u r t e e n

Emerson's POV:

I sat at the table and played with my engagement ring while Marlowe played with her iPad. "You like it?" I heard Justin ask as he sat down. I smiled and nodded. "When did you go and get this?" I asked him. "That day Marlowe and I went to the mall." I tapped Marlowe and she looked at me. "Did you help Justin pick out a ring?" She smiled and nodded. I put down my hand so she could look at it. "Pretty." She signed and I nodded, kissing her temple.

Today, Marlowe had tap class; she has the same teacher but they're different students in the class. Justin and I watched as the other five year olds danced. When the class ended, she ran out of the room with the other little girls and boys. "Did you have fun?" I smiled when she ran to us.

She nodded before sitting between Justin and I. Justin helped her put on her tennis shoes as her teacher walked over to us. "Hey Emerson, I just came to hand you a few forms about the recital that's coming up." She said and I nodded. I can't believe it's been a month since Marlowe has been doing dance classes, it doesn't like it's been that long. "And we'll always be taking pictures in the costumes so make sure the forms come back as soon as possible." She said as we stood up. "Ok, we'll see you next time." I smiled as we left.

Justin and I were watching a movie on Netflix when I started feeling sick. I leaned forward and put my head in my hands. "What's wrong?" He asked, putting his hand on my back. "I don't..." I started before getting up and running to the bathroom. I held onto the toilet as I threw up. I sighed and sat up before flushing the toilet.