t h i r t e e n

Justin's POV:

I walked into the mall with Marlowe and Dodger. I was going to the mall to get Emerson's engagement ring. I was going to ask her to finally marry me. "Are you going to help me pick out a beautiful ring?" I asked Marlowe and she smiled, nodding. Emerson was hanging out with Megan today. We walked into a jewelry store and Marlowe looked around. "What can I help you with?" One of the workers asked me. "I came to look for an engagement ring."

Emerson's POV:

Justin decided it would be nice to invite both of our families over for a family dinner. "Hey." I smiled at my younger twin sisters. Mackenzie, the youngest twin, is deaf just like Marlowe so it's nice to have someone in your family just for her. Marlowe smiled and ran to into their arms. "Hey." They both sighed to her. She smiled and gave them each a hug. I hugged my mom and dad before we all sat down.

"Em." I heard Justin's sister, Jennifer, say to me as I cleaned up. "Yeah?" I looked at her. "There's something you need to see outside." She said. "What did Justin do now?" I asked and followed her. She told me to close my eyes. She led me outside and told me to open them. I looked to see Justin standing around a heart made of rose petals. "Justin." I bit my lip and walked over to him. He held my hand and looked me in the eyes.

"You know how much I love you right?" He asked and I nodded. "When I first saw you, I knew you were the one for me. You and little Marlowe caught my heart and never let it go. When I asked you to be my girlfriend, I knew you were the one for me." I gasped when he got down on one knee. "Emerson Jade Hull, will you marry me?" He held open the ring box. "Yes!" I smiled as he stood up. He carefully put the ring on my finger and I jumped into his arms. Everyone cheered as I kissed him.