n i n e t e e n

Emerson's POV:

"It's dance recital day!" I smiled at Marlowe as she helped me pack her things. She giggled softly when Justin kissed the top of her head. Her hair was in a low bun with the glittery headpiece that came with her ballet costume. "Ready to go?" I asked and she nodded. Justin grabbed her dance trunk and I stood up with Marlowe. She had on one of Justin's buttondown shirts so her hair wouldn't get messed up as we got into the car.

"She did so good!" My mom smiled as Marlowe and her tap class walked off stage. "I know!" I smiled at her, feeling tears prick my eyes. I felt Justin kiss my cheek and I blushed, looking at him. A few more routines went on before the recital ended. "Let's go get her." Justin said as the lights turned on. I nodded as we got up.

Marlowe ran to Justin and I and he picked her up. "You did so good princess." He smiled and she smiled too, giving him a kiss on his cheek. He put her down and handed her the small bouquet of flowers we brought for her. I went down to her level and she looked at me. "You don't know how proud of you I am." I signed and she smiled widely. She told me thanks before hugging me tightly. I gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Let's go get some dinner." I said and she nodded before we left.

I finished brushing Marlowe's hair after I gave her a bath. "Are you ready for your Christmas recital next week?" I asked and she nodded. Since her school is small, the entire kindergarten class will be doing a Christmas carol recital where they'll be signing the songs. She has been practicing all week and I'm so excited to see her. I felt the baby move around and I smiled. "The baby's moving." I said and she looked at me. I lifted my shirt so she could put her hands on my stomach. The baby moved making her smile widely.