s e v e n

Emerson's POV:

I smiled during the entire class. The teacher and the students helped Marlowe adapt perfectly. The teacher talked and moved slowly and helped Marlowe with any moves she needed help with. Even the little girl standing beside her helped. When the class was over, Marlowe ran over to me with the biggest smile on her face. "You did so good baby." I signed. She hugged me tightly and I pulled her onto my lap as Justin put her shoes on. Her teacher walked over to us and got down on Marlowe's level. "You did so good." She spoke slowly and I smiled when Marlowe nodded, hugging her. "Thank you so much." I said and shook my hand. "It's no problem. You might have a star on your hands. See you tomorrow." She smiled before walking away.

I carefully closed Marlowe's bedroom door before going downstairs. Justin was sitting on the couch watching soccer. "I can't believe how good Marlowe was." He said and I nodded as I started to fix her lunch. "Tomorrow she has tap. I know she'll love it." I smiled and he chuckled. "Yeah She was tapping away yesterday." He smiled. I continued to fix her lunch before putting the container in the fridge. I sat on the couch next to Justin and laid my head on his shoulder as he kissed my forehead.
•••

"Have a great day at school." I signed to Marlowe as she got out of the car. She signed "I love you." to Justin and I before running inside. "She's so cute." He smiled as I drove off. "Well we have a few hours to ourselves. What are we going to do?" I looked at him. He shrugged. "Don't you need to go grocery shopping?" He asked. I smiled and grabbed his hand. "Thank you for being my human calendar." He chuckled and kissed my hand.