Chapter 27: Sophie

SOPHIE: September 19th

I didn't want to do anything last night but sleep.

Unfortunately, SOMEONE had other things for me to do.

I come back to my room after finance and stumble across a note on my door.

Sophie,

WILL

"We got a lot to learn and God knows we're worth it. No I won't give up."

-Jason Mraz I Won't Give Up.

Who is WILL. I only know one William and he goes to UC Davis. What if isn't Will as in William but will as in a wish or deed or... Something else.

I cooked my top ramen and went to bed last night easily. Well I wish I could say easily. I kept thinking about that little note.

I feel like the double rainbow guy "What does it mean?!" I kept demanding myself.

After wearing myself down. I finally put it away in my desk drawer.

__________________________

SOPHIE:

Business today. No Liam,Harry, or Annie.

"Hey love when do we have that test?"

"Uhh... Next Wednesday I think."

Niall always sits next to me. He is Irish which is cool. He constantly makes fun of old Mr. Peterson. We are always getting yelled at but I don't really care cause I have a high grade. Why is all this so easy?

I guess I learned a lot about finance after getting money off my parents will and trust funds. I could be an accountant with all of the knowledge I have of doing taxes and all.

Ewww accountant that sounds terrible.

"Grumble grumble." Niall mimics the professor and I laugh slightly. Whenever Niall laughs, I automatically giggle.

I read in an article that if you laugh and smile a lot you can trick your brain into thinking you are happy....

I'm not THAT depressed c'mon Soph!

"Hey Sophie-Boo! I almost forgot to give this to you."

Niall has this thing for giving everyone nicknames. I guess I'm Sophie-Boo today. It changes all the time. Yesterday it was Sophcrates.

He reaches into his bag and takes out a crumbled up piece of paper and hands it to me as Mr. Peterson begins to wrap up the lecture.

Niall always distracts me so much in this class. Louis isn't here! I just now noticed. He was coughing last class...

I finally open the paper and read the perfected cursive.

YOU:

"Oh I swear to you, I'll be there for you. This is not a drive by."

--Train Drive By

I look at Niall quizzically then turn to anger.

"Don't shoot the leprechaun messenger!" he says as he slips on his green track jacket and places his hat back on his head.

"Who gave this to you?" I grab his arm and turn him back around as people begin to leave back to their dorms because it's the last class of the day.

"I can't tell you! I can't break a promise that was made over Nando's! That's illegal!"

Niall begins to pretend to tear up and I bring him into a quick hug and we both giggle.

"Sophcrates! Just wait there aren't many days left. You can text me later and I'll tell you all I can."

I scoff but smile and walk away.

I hope I'm not at the end of some joke from guys that don't know me. I'm only close with like five guys on campus. I can rule out Louis cause I'm pretty sure he's gay. Plus he keeps talking about this Eleanor girl.

I don't even know if I can rule out Niall...

After clas, I go to the cafeteria with Niall to find Harry and a sick Louis.

"Eat your chicken soup boobear." Harry hands Louis a spoon and he grabs it. I never even knew that they were friends.

"Yes mum." He takes the soup and sneezes. I go across the table and wait for them to acknowledge me with my plate.

"Hi Hazz! Hi Lou!"

"'Sup Soph!" Harry grins and Louis lifts his head.

"Hi Love!" He attempts to give his usual greeting of a loud hello but his voice breaks.

"Lou! You missed finance! Mr. Peterson taught us that money buys nothing."

"But it buys food!" Niall pokes me interjecting on my arguement.

"No Mr. Horan. Money buys nothing." I say in Mr. Peterson's voice mimicking him earlier.

We all laugh at my failed attempt and Louis coughs after laughing.

"Poor baby!!" Louis nods and waves to Liam coming up behind me.

"Hey sorry I'm late guys. I just signed myself up for international club! You should join. I'm kinda international. I signed you up Nialler. You have no choice."

"Awwww!! But-But!" Niall looks with puppy dog eyes.

"No buts! I don't want to be in a room full of Asians! I mean, I get that enough in Berkeley."

"Bezerkly!" I yell and everyone looks at me quizzically.

"You seem to be in a good mood today Sophie. What's wrong? Errr right?"

"I really don't know Hazz! It just feels like a good day ever since I had that rockstar for lunch."

Niall scoots away from me in fear and begins to sing,"Shes dangerous, super bad. Better watch out she'll take your cash she's a gold digger."

"I'm offended!" I push him of his chair to hear a large groan come out of him when he hits the ground. I feel so energetic. I think I'll just go upstairs and change.

"Hey I'll sign up for that club Liam! I was president of the foreign language club at my high school!" I smile and skip off back to the dorms to change and sign up.

I reach the bulletin board and see another note addressed to me. GRRRR!!! I need to know who is doing this!

I rip the note off and automatically "awww" at the words.

GO:

"Everything comes naturally when you're with me baby. You are the thunder and I am the lightning."

--Selena Gomez Naturally

Whoever is doing this is very good at scheming... But so romantic!

I tuck the note into my pocket and grab the pen stuck to the board and sign my name onto the list. Wow. Third one in the club.

"Amateur Karaoke Night! Friday night from 7-11pm. Being your friends and showcase your skills at the Club."

That sounds like fun. Maybe I'll make a fool of myself. Sounds ... Great.

I change into yoga pants and a jacket and jump onto my bike downstairs.

Do I have a secret admirer? Does someone notice me as more than a friend? I'm just Sophie. I have always had a bunch of guy friends but none of them have ever seen me as anything more.

What if it's a joke? What if someone wants my heart to skip a best in love just to smash it? I've been hurt before and I don't want to take any chances.

I ride back and fall into a calculus assignment with Annie when I get back. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...