Chapter 18: Liam

LIAM: Hotel somewhere

"Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City,Utah" I read on the notepad by the bed.

"There is only a twin sized bed? How are we going to sleep? There isn't even a couch!" Sophie huffs and looks around the room.

"I'll sleep on the floor Soph it's okay..." She needs her space.

She looks at the ground and says,"I'm small, we can share it." She smiles hopefully. She just might be warming up to me.

I grab the alarm clock and set an alarm for two hours. We cant sleep the entire night, we need to do some plotting.

I climb into the bed after Sophie and scoot to the very end to give her some space. Instead of being on her side, she places her head on my chest and I fall asleep in sheer bliss.

*beep beep beep beep* I reach my hand over and turn the alarm off and Sophie abruptly gets out of bed.

"Annie and Harry are in the next room right? Since we are in 709 try must be in 710." She grabs the phone and dials to 710.

She hits the speakerphone button.

"Annie? Harry? Are you okay?"

"Yeah Soph we are fine we just got up too. Hey Zayn and Logan went to the car we can see them down from the window. Hey the rooms have air vents right above them. Since we can't open the doors lets go through there." I look up and lo and behold there is an air vent at the top... How are we supposed to get up there?

It's right above the fridge. Just stand up the fridge and get up. Not too bad.

"Annie climb through and see if you can get into our room." Annie is the smallest it will work the best. Harry lifts her in and I hear him groan as he pushes her up.

We hear the gentle pounding from above. They connect! Harry gets into the vent after her. They go into the room past us to get out.

Out of nowhere, Sophie reaches into her bra and pulls out a fancy pen. What kind of girl keep pens in her bra? Oh that's right my kind of girl!

She glares at me and says shut up when I laugh.

"Hey lift me up and I'll help you get up from above." I push her up and she grabs my hands as I pull myself up into the vent.

"Hey guys!" Harry calls over with a dorky smile on his face. "I echo echo echo echo...."

"Shut up Hazz we all tell and he quietly crawls down the vent. We drop into the next room and open the door. The TV is on in this room but no one is here.

"Four UC Berkeley students were kidnapped last night after a frat party. Here are their pictures call secret witness if you spot them. The number is below." Our pictures flash on the screen.

"At least they know we are missing,"Annie mumbles as I open the door. "Stealth mode everyone."

"Wait! We need code names! And code words!" Harry grabs my arm to stop me.

"Fine. Green means go yellow means caution and red means stop and hide."

"That's boring Liam! How about... Lime means go, banana means slow and caution and apple means stop?"

"Fine. We aren't doing code names."

Harry frowns as we move.

"Lime!"

We march down the hall and into the elevator.

"You put the lime in the coconut as shake it all up." Harry and Annie sing as our elevator drops.

"Banana guys!"

We let the door open and peek our heads to find a bustling hotel lobby. They look at us with strange looks especially Harry and Sophie who have absolutely disheveled hair.

"Banana......"

We open the doors outside and it's pitch black. Sophie holds us back and grabs my hand.