Above and Beyond: A One Direction Story

AUTHOR'S NOTE PAY ATTENTION OR GET OUT!! ;) Before we begin let's get some ground rules. This is a first person story. It's in a time before one direction knew each other or had girlfriends(makes it easier). NOTICE. If the top of a section has a name and a date then it is a journal entry. If it has a time and place then it is a real life scenario. It may seem difficult at first but you will get used to it quickly. Just keep the journal entries straight and follow the names and you will be okay. Oh and if you have read any of my previous works I kept the names of the main characters but mostly everything is different. Hope you enjoy!

Love you lovelies!

-Melina

P.S. All of the characters in this story are fictions. Any resemblance to persons living of dead are purely coincidental.

Spooky huh?

________________________

SOPHIE: September 8th

Hello journal. You were a gift to me from my grandma. She wrote me a note saying that she wanted me to get passed all the troubles of high school and college by writing them in this book. I'll try to write but no promises.

I would have never done anything with this until last month. Both of my parents died in a car crash last month. July 10th, 2012 they were pronounced dead on the scene. I'm strong. I can hold in the pain. No one has seen me cry since I was in 8th grade and broke my arm. I never intend for anyone to see me cry. Although no one sees it,I cry myself to sleep every night. My parents were on the middle of a divorce and were going to get separated the next week. They have been waiting to get a divorce ever since I started high school.

Now they are gone. Ridden from my life. I don't know how long I can keep on this sadness.

In two days, I begin my college courses at UC Berkeley. Somehow, I got in. I have lived in the Sacramento area all my life and never thought I would get out. Now I'm in the bay area with a full scholarship after they found out about the tragic happenings. God works in mysterious ways.

__________________________

Sophie: Honors Dorm Room: 1:30 pm

"Sophie hurry up! We have so many boxes to hurl up there!" Annie calls to me from her little yellow bug VW. Annie has been my best friend since kindergarten. She is helping me cope with the whole situation.

"Aren't you lucky they let you request your roommate? This is going to be the greatest experience ever." Annie is always the optimistic one of us two. "Yeah sure Anne everything is going to go brilliant." Brilliant and Lovely are my favorite words. They are so typically British. I have always been such a Anglophile. I went to London once for a day on a layover to France but that was it.

Maybe one day I can live there, one can only hope. For college, I'm working to be a translator or US ambassador, whichever is easier. I wish I could get my life goal and go to the UK. "See ya Soph I see you are too caught up in your daydreams."

She closes the elevator door before me. Great. I press the up button to get onto the next elevator but it's on the tenth floor, it's bound to be a while before it comes. I turn around and turn smack dab into a boy that was apparently right behind me and we both drop our boxes. Am I always this clumsy?

"I'm so sorry!" We both go down to pick up our stuff and bonk heads. This must be an omen that this year is going to be pitiful. "I'm so sorry lovely! I didn't see you there.... Uhh I'm Liam!" I almost gasped. Speak of the devil, he's British. "Oh hi I'm Sophie.... And your British." Wow did I just say that? I think I'm having an out of body experience, I'm never this dorky.

"Yeah I'm from Wolverhampton! But you probably haven't heard of it...."

"No I have! It's west midlands right? My friend is from there... Are you an exchange student or did you move here?"

"You're jumping to conclusions aren't you missy? I moved here two years ago. It's great that you know about UK geography. Most people only know London." He smiles over at me warmly. We make an awkwardly too long eye contact before I realize that the elevator door opened.

"So what are you studying Liam?"

"Oh international relations and business. I'm guessing pre-med on your part,no?"

"Actually I'm doing the same thing as you! I guess we will be seeing a lot of each other." "That's great! So what room are you in? I'm in 503." "Wow... This is just getting weird. I'm in 502 we are just across from the courtyard separating boys and girls." We reach the fifth floor at last.

"Hey Soph. Can I call you Soph? Could I have your number?" I quickly scrawl down my number on a crumbled up piece of paper and head over to my room. He awkwardly looks at his shoes. Annie stand outside the door upset. "They moved us! I'm in 501 now.. We are right next to each other at least." She makes an attempt to smile. "Don't worry Anne, everything will turn out just fine." I walk into the room to find my roommate. She wears one earbud in and one out blasting music.

"Oh hi! I'm Heather! I guess we are roommates." She smiles as the sunlight brings out the reddish tint in her hair."I'm Sophie it's very pleasant to meet you." Again with my attempt to have a British demeanor. "I'm studying Pre-med. What about you?" "International relations and business." "Oooh long name but that sounds cool. I would love to get to know you more Sophie but we probably both need to unpack seeing as you have only brought one box up to the room." I wave goodbye and begin to make my way down to the elevator.

My phone buzzes. "Hiya it's Liam you know the clutz you met in the elevator? Just texting so you have my number too. Hey we should meet up and meet each other's roommates... Or I could help you with boxes? I noticed it said box 1 on your box. It seems like you have a lot of unpacking to do and I'm totally willing to help cause that was my last one."

Great. The first guy that I meet in college is absolutely forward and awkward. That wasn't a stalker ish text at all? I just reply,"Thanks a bunch can you meet me at the yellow bug in the lot?" This could get interesting.