Chapter 20: Liam

LIAM: September 14

I knew it.

Sophie is complex..

1) her parents died last month she must still be getting over that trauma

2) she just stabbed a guy!

3) she knew that what she was doing was right and wrong. I promised to apologize.

She saved my life how can I not apologize?

She collapsed in my arms. I saw her looking down at the blood all around her and must have got dazed and just fell. We brought her to the hospital because she didn't wake up after the incident.

Zayn, on the other had, was brought to the emergency room. She slashed him really bad and turned the knife at the end and the wound won't ever heal correctly. Sophie apparently thought this whole thing through. Harry held me back during the whole ordeal because I thought she had that disorder where people fall in love with their kidnapper.

Sophie just thought everything through in that little bit of time. Zayn could have wanted to kill her but she seduced him. We are safe now. I'm just sitting by her bed writing on the same pad that I took from the hotel.

She looks so peaceful. I wish she could be mine but I have my doubts.

_________________________

LIAM: Room 415 9:30 am.

"Liam wake up I think Sophie is coming to!" Harry shakes me awake from a slumber I never even knew I fell into.

Sophie's fingers twitch and she groans.

We wait in silence for her to slowly awaken. She has been passed out for over 7 hours. We got all of our phones back after they got Logan speeding down the highway. Truth is, the van was stolen and they are both going to jail. Sophie is clean of all charges and in fact the police chief said her actions were "commendable".

Sophie slowly opens her eyes to process her environment. She stands straight up in bed and falls back down out of dizziness. We rush to her side.

"Di-Did I do good? A-Are you guys o-okay?" She has obviously been shaken by what just happened.

"Sophie you did great. You saved our lives. You are so strong and brave. I can't believe that you did that you crazy girl. It was worth it. Everything is going to be fine." Annie reaches over to the nightstand and gives Sophie the glass of water and some ibuprofen for the dizziness.

She looks over at me with confusion. I smile warmly. She slips back into her bed. "Sooo... How are we going to get back?"Sophie says still laying on her bed.

"That's a great question love." I mumble.

"Is it illegal to hitchhike in Utah?" Harry looks at me and laughs.

"Looks like Hazza has a plan now doesn't he?"

Sophie gets out of the hospital within the hour seeing as nothing is wrong with her. The bills go on Annie's parent's insurance and we are clear.

We walk down the the main hallway and stop at the cafeteria to eat before leaving. It's going to be a long ride back.

"So you just stick out your thumb and hope someone will pick you up? Is that the whole point of hitchhiking?" Annie asks with her mouth still chewing on her sub sandwich.

"Basically. Since we are here you don't need to worry about rapists. And since we were kidnapped once already....." Harry chuckles then realizes its too soon for laughter and drops his smile.

We stop at a 7-11 to get drinks and a some drawstring backpacks. We look on the LOST wall and see our faces. I run up to the cashier and point out that this is me.

"You can't be him. The hair is different. This kid looks like Justin beiber you look too gross to be Justin Beiber." Curse my disheveled look that came after so many days without a shower.

"Hey but this is me!" Sophie holds up the picture of her with her hair perfectly curled and the man just sighs at the current Sophie who still has her hair caught in knots and fizzed beyond belief.

He pushes us out of the store and we make our way to a life of hitchhiking.

We walk down the freeway for a couple of minutes and get out of town then stand past the ramp and hold out our thumbs and wait for a ride.

Plenty of people drive by but no one even thinks of stopping.

"I have an idea! Liam,Harry! Take off your shirts!" Sophie announces as the last car goes by in the group.

"Whatever you say..." Harry slips off his shirt and stands in the baking sun.

"What? Why? I don't like burning in the sun for no reason." I look down at my red shirt that has acquired a large tear in it.

"Liam you have a six pack.... What girl in her right mind won't stop for that and errrr Harry? What is this?"

She points to his chest generally.

"That would be my chest Sophie." Annie giggles at his response.

"No. This." She points to two marks on his upper chest.

"HAZZ YOU HAVE FOUR NIPPLES?" Sophie stands in shock.

Harry stands utterly shocked. "What are you talking about of course I don't have four.... Oh....."

A large hybrid slows down in front of us and the passenger rolls down his window.

"Where are you guys headed?" I look into the back of their car and notice posters that say "Free the animals".

"Berkeley, California!" Harry flashes a cheeky smile to the driver who I know see is a woman with hair past her hips.

"Hop right in gang. We only have two seats but we have room in the back. Which ones want to ride with the animals in the back?"

"What kind of animals?" I listen for some sort of farm animal noise and get nothing.

"We have a couple of stray cats and two turtles that we found."

"CATS?" Harry looks filled with glee.

"TURTLES?" My favorite!

"Girls in the seats and boys in the back then! Its going to be a long ride but we got an early start. Hope you don't mind our speeding we need to get there by the end of the day!"

"Oh my gosh I love kitties!" Harry has all the cats running against him and is stroking one in his lap. The girls are turned around in their seats observing his silliness.

Me, on the other hand, hold the cute little turtles as they try to avoid the cats.

"Have you named any of the animals?" I ask the people that were kind enough to give us a ride.

"The turtle you are holding is Lagiacrus and the other one is Lancelot. We like names that start with L. By the way I'm Larry and this is Laura."

"And I'm Liam!"

Sophie and Annie pass out quickly against each other. Harry falls asleep eventually with the four cars sprawled upon him after we agreed to take shifts. We don't want these people to get anything sketchy done as nice as they may sound.