Chapter 6: Liam

LIAM: September 8th

Already Saturday and I start classes on Monday. I really don't know anything about this place. It was my brothers who told me Berkeley was a good place but I guess it is.

"Oil spills will kill us!"

Besides the constant riots and craziness it seems nice. I guess they were right in some way. And a plus is that with all these riots is extra security.

I just feel so safe.

And then there is Sophie...

I don't know I just met her yesterday but her light brown eyes are mesmerizing but she seems so fragile.

It seems that she has lost the sparkle in them. Something must have happened to her I wish I could ask her about it but I guess for another day.

_________________________

LIAM: Room 503 9:30am

"Harry wake up!" Harry's phone has been ringing off the hook but he dosen't notice.

"I don't wanna!" I answer his phone for him in retaliation. I mimic his slow and husky voice when I say,"Hey what's up this is Harry!"

I can hear a girl crying on the other end.m

"Harry *sniffle* I miss you I .... I can't bear you not being here. I know we had some t-tough times and we had to separate... But I still love you and I just want you here."

I hang up the phone not knowing what to do. "Uhhh sorry I didn't know it was anything personal."

"Was she crying?"

"uhhh..."

"Was she crying?!"

"Yeah she was... Old girlfriend or something?"

"Or something...."

He seems to be really secretive when he says that...well it's already 9:30 Sophie should be up right?

I walk across the hall and knock on her door. No one answers.

"Hey Soph. It's Liam.."

I hear the squeak of the bed springs as someone gets out of bed.

"Liam! Uhhhh Morning! Umm I'll be out in half hour!" She slams the door in my face. She is wearing glasses and she looks adorable and smart. I must have caught her off guard or something.

I go back to my room and shave my barely present stubble and come back a little after 10. She stands in a red San francisco sweatshirt to match her red hair and some jeans.

How is it she looks absolutely splendid in regular sweats? She obviously has switched into contacts.

"Hey I didn't know you wore glasses..."

"Nobody knows! Except Annie... In embarrassed about it. Now, I better keep my promise and show you around."

She turns on her heels and marches to the elevator. She walks so fast that I have a difficult time keeping up with her. She seems really cold today. Yesterday she seemed so nice and welcoming but now she seems like she just wants to be left alone. I think I'll just let her give me a tour and let her get on with her day.

Something is different about Sophie and I won't stop trying until I figure it out