Goodbye

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I crawled out of bed and got dressed and tried to make myself look presentable. My hair was so messed up. I did my best to fix it but didn't really care right now. I just gotta get to the hospital to see Collins, possibly for the last time...
When I arrived I found mom asleep in the waiting room. I went over to her and gently shook her. "Mom?" I asked. She jumped and woke up. "Oh, it's just you." She said yawning. What was that supposed to mean. Whatever. "Where's dad?" I asked. "He's out getting breakfast." Mom said with a groggy voice. "When can we see Collins?" I asked. "In just a little bit. Now stop asking questions and just sit down and relax honey you look exhausted." She said smiling. "Ok. I didnt sleep at all last night." I said taking a seat.
About an hour later the nurse came out. "Anne and Steven Key?"
"That's us" They said
"Oh, and you can go see Collins" she said to me. Mom and dad went with the woman and I took a deep breath and made my way to his room. Before going in I hesitated. 'This could be my last time seeing him...' tears filled my eyes 'no Devan, you gotta be strong.' I twisted the door knob. I saw Collins laying there. Dying. I went over to him and sat beside him. I grabbed his cold hand. "Devan.. is that you?" His weak voice said. "Yes it's me, Collins I love you so much." I said loosing it and sobbing. "Devan, everything is going to be ok. I promise." Collins said. When he promised something, he never broke that promise. I trusted him but I can't even imagine getting my old life back. It seems impossible.
"Here, I want you to have something..." he said with a shaking voice. He took off his key necklace and put it in my hand and he closed my fingers around it. "Collins..."
"Devan I want you to take the key necklace, I want you to wear it, and I want you to think of me when you wear it. When you miss me, grab it to remind you of me. I love you so much Devan, pass it down to your children. Please never forget me..." he said crying. By now I was sobbing uncontrollably. "I will Collins, I love you too." I hugged my brother, possibly for the last time. I held him tight and didn't let go until I felt a hand pull me back. I pulled the letter I wrote last night out of my pocket and put it in his hand. The doctors made me leave. 'Goodbye Collins... thank you for all the amazing memories, and thank you for always being there for me even if I wasn't always there for you...'

'