Chapter 29

Chapter 29

~Lucie's POV~

"How do you know Lexi?" Dom had seemed to detach from reality at the sound of her name. My words still seemed to be lost on him and it wasn't until I touched him that he finally snapped back into attention. He looked at my hand that was resting on his shoulder almost as if he couldn't figure out why it was there.

"Dominic, she asked you a question," Dom's entire body tensed, his entire body responding to Casey's alpha tone.

"Casey," I glared at Casey, but Casey was completely focused on Dom.

"She was one of my sister's best friends. She's two years older than Kaija and when she wasn't with Kaija she acted tense, almost like she was expecting an attack at any moment. It was strange how that all seemed to fade away whenever she was around my sister. Then her parents and little sister were killed. Along with her twin brother. Axel. Axel was the only one that ever made Lexa relaxed. She left after talking with our old Alpha, Diegan. But she probably has changed a lot since then."

"I met her almost a year ago. Before I met Beau actually. She was almost as good as Beau in the rogue department. I'm actually surprised I never thought of it sooner. Of course Beau would be working with her." I ran my fingers through my hair nervously. What was I going to do with Beau here? Beau had been my first... everything. Well, almost everything. And now he was going to meet the man that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. What was I supposed to do?

"Who should I tell to fix up the extra rooms?"

"Rina. She does most of the-," Casey stopped seeing my confused expression.

"Czarina Solovyov. She's a widowed Luna from Russia. My father was good friends with her husband before he died. She asked to come here after a neighboring pack took over her old pack. She didn't have any children so she became sort of the pack mom after my own mother passed. I haven't introduced you to her yet?" She was just another person in his life that I didn't know. Defeat coursed through my body and I looked away, almost shocking myself when I felt tears form in my eyes. Today had been exhausting. 

"Do you think we could do this after I get some sleep?"

"Actually, that sounds like a great idea. I think I'm going to turn in for the night too. Dom can you tell the others about the new arrivals?"

"Yes, Alpha. I could tell Rina too, if you want, it'd save you the trouble when you wake up."

"No, tell the others and then go home and sleep. You've probably slept less in the last couple of days than we have."

"Are you sure Alpha? There is still a lot of work to be done-,"

"Yes Dominic. That is an order." Dominic turned to me, still unmoving. I felt color return to my cheeks. He was putting me on the spot again, this time asking me to either confirm or deny the direct order that our Alpha had given him.

"Dom-,"

"Go ahead Dom," Dominic nodded and left, leaving me alone with Casey. Casey's power had just been undermined right in front of him leaving me to deal with the fall out. The second that Casey's arms encircled me, I tensed, my mind instantly reverting back to my years of training. But instead, Casey's lips lightly touched the mark on the side of my neck. Bliss spread through my entire body nearly relaxing me completely.

"Looks like they're finally starting to turn towards you as a Luna," Casey had read the situation the opposite way I thought he would have. It should have eased me, but instead it made me nervous.

"Are we going to talk about Bowen?" My voice sounded as defeated as I felt. Never in my life had I expected two of my love interests to meet. Maybe that was just the old part of my life talking. Most Hunters and Huntresses didn't date much outside of the people with the same values as us and the ones that did didn't usually leave their love interest alive. The exchange usually lasted to the end of their life. Whether it be for as long as they lived naturally with us, or died by us was the true question. We lived by a strict code which usually kept most of us from even thinking about someone that way that lived outside of our lifestyle. It generally brought too much trouble to both parties that were involved.