Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Lucie's POV~

I gazed around at the people who had gathered outside. Word that I was Luna had obviously spread fast. There were mixed expressions on these people, ranging from complete and undeniable hate to wonder and adoration.

"I might have been called the Alpha Killer at one time. I might have killed hundreds in my lifetime. But I also never felt right. The people around me that called themselves hunters, all looked at me funny. For years I thought it was because of my fame because as you so called me Alayah, I was an Alpha Killer. Add to that the fact that I had been groomed from a young age to 'lead' the hunters in the next generation, I was pretty much a celebrity. But I know now that that isn't why everyone always looked at me like they did. They did it because of what I am. A werewolf," I heard gasps escape the mouths of many of the witnesses and I saw some of the hatred drain out of many of their faces.

"How is that possible? You smell human! What are you some half-breed or something?" A voice called up.

"No, I am a full blooded werewolf. Most likely a daughter of a Beta or an Alpha. I have an Alpha voice already and I'm not even your official Luna yet." More people looked at me with confusion and I hated to admit it but I was confused as well.

"But how come you don't smell like a werewolf? Have you even shifted?" Hayleigh asked speaking the question that I knew most were thinking about now.

"No, but what little information I was able to get from my 'parents' before I left is that I'm a changeling. I was switched at birth with the daughter of a huntress. I don't know why I haven't shifted. It could be either that my hunter parents were dousing me with some sort of chemical or herb that blocked my ability to shift; or it could something to do with the person who switched me with the huntress child. She is believed to be a witch." Sounds of shock ran through the crowd but all but a few looks of abhorrence disappeared as if it was never there.

"How do we know that we can trust you?"

"I would not so blatantly deceive your trust as I have had done to me all of my life. It there's one thing about me that you should know; it is that I never lie." A few smiles spread on faces through the crowd and it sat nice with me that I was winning some favor with these people.

"Yes, I was a huntress. Yes I have killed hundreds of people. But here is something that maybe you haven't considered. I have been trained to kill werewolves, and I know the inner workings of the Hunters. If there is a war against either, I can train you on how to most effectively kill them. I know their weaknesses. I know their strengths and I know how to distract them. This is what I can offer this pack. I am not here to be you're Luna and honestly I do not believe that I deserve to be your Luna until I prove myself to this pack." Looks of confusion passed on some of the younger members and when a little girl who looked around five came up to me and pulled on my pant leg I couldn't help but bend down to her level and smile at her.

"So you're not going to be my new mommy? My big sister says that the Luna is like the mom of the pack. I want you to be my new mommy. My mommy is up in heaven with my daddy. Sissy says they protect me from up there. Do you believe in heaven?" I felt unshed tears start to cloud my eyes. She reminded me of my own little sister so much with her large doe brown eyes and black glossy hair. My sister had been killed by rogues in one of the first raids I had been a part of. She had been about this little girl's age.

"Yes I do sweetie. Let me tell you a secret. Promise me you won't tell?" She nodded and stared at me with her big doe eyes once more. I knew that with the advanced hearing of the werewolves around me they all would be able to listen into the secret I was about to tell this little girl.