Chapter 42 part 2

Chapter 42 part 2

~Lucie's POV~

"I'm Lexa Ramsey. Last surviving child of Aitkin and Gaila Ramsey. I used to be a part of this pack years ago."

"My name is Dominic Norsemen. If the pack that I was born into was still alive, I would currently be next in line for the Beta position." Needless to say I was shocked at his announcement. Dominic wasn't one to share about his past, let alone his abilities.

"My name is Alayah Shaw. I'm the third in command." Short and straight to the point. I was surprised that she hadn't included a veiled threat in there. I would have in her place. There was a man sitting next to her that demanded attention, his very presence filling up the room. He actually sat almost alone on that side of the table, many seats on either side of him, empty. My seat the next one that was occupied.

"My name is Nicu," the only introduction, he gave was his name, his voice thundering throughout the entire room. His arms were crossed letting the tanned muscles in his arms bulge under the harsh florescent lighting of the room. I knew the only reason this man didn't have a formal position in the pack was because he didn't want it. Looking at him it was almost as if I recognized him from some place, a very long time ago. What struck me as odd was the fact that when I tried to recall anything more about him I couldn't, it was simply blank. I chalked it up to the stress of the day and pushed it to the back of my mind, instead focusing back on Beau.

I wasn't sure how much longer I could stand being in the same room as him without lashing out again. Too many thoughts plagued me as I waited for someone to start talking again. When no one did Beau once again crept into my mind. We had both laughed at the memory earlier during the meeting. Good memories were few and far between when it came to my past, but for some reason when it came to Beau, I seemed to be able to remember the good memories better than the past. He had told me once that he had conditioned me to think so. He had helped condition me to remember to good memories things of our time together. We both knew that he wouldn't have had to do so if what we had seen hadn't nearly been as bad as it was. But even after Beau's help I still woke up in the middle of the night screaming. His previous help didn't mean that I had forgiven him for what he had done. The letter was still fresh in my mind and was one of the main reasons I craved to hit him.

Casey's voice startled me out of what I was thinking, my alarm made clear by the fact that I had literally jumped in my seat at the sound of his voice. Casey shot me a look that told me to get a hold of myself before he cleared his throat and started again.

"Since the introductions are out of the way, it's time to get to the second part of why I have gathered you all here today."

"Many of you know of the Alpha known as Dion Kozar. What some of you may not know is that Alpha Kozar holds a personal vendetta against Lucie and anyone who affiliates themselves with her. He is planning an attack and will strike at any time."

"Most would go straight on the offense, gathering allies and preparing to fight. But there is unfinished business that I believe needs to be dealt with first. It has to do with the passing of our old Alpha, my father-," My attention on Casey waned when I felt a shift in the air. There were five new presences, two of which I had never encountered before and the other two I knew too well.

"Hunters," the words were out of my mouth before I myself had time to process them. Beau was the first to switch into action as he lunged out of his chair, and headed in my direction. He knew these hunters as well as I from the time we had been working together.

"How are they here? The last I heard of them they were working for some werewolf gang." They weren't formal Hunters anymore, they had abandoned the code years before. Now they served the highest bidder, still killing every supernatural in their path for the right price.