Chapter 6

Chapter 6

~Lucie's POV~

What am I? A blubbering idiot? How is it even possible that some like me could turn to jelly in someone's arms just by the sound of their voice? The second I was able to come to my senses, I tore out of Casey's arms and started to head in the direction I thought the cafeteria was. I heard chuckling behind me so I whipped myself around glaring at whoever dared laugh at me. Zorra. She was still standing where I left her and she clutched her stomach as she continued to laugh.

"You're going the wrong way genius," my nose scrunched up and I let out a frustrated groan. Turning on my heals, I stormed down the hall only slowing down slightly so Zorra could catch up with me. We made it to the cafeteria in no time and only paused at the entrance to spare each other an anxious glance.

"Will you two just enter already? I already have to eat lunch with you guys, the least you could do is give me time to actually eat it."  And Alayah has arrived. Great.

"You know what, screw you guys I'll just open the door for myself," with that Alayah pushed Zorra and I aside and threw open the cafeteria doors with a bang. Literally. Heads turned to us instantly and I let out a groan. Could this day get any worse? At the sight of Zorra a guy who looked a couple of years younger than us stood up waving his arms frantically. He had a head of black curls that I recognized instantly to be like Zorra's. Must be her brother. I started making my way over to the frantically waving freshmen who seemed to still be trying to flag down his sister's attention.

"Your brother's trying to get you to look at him,"

"And if I do, he'll think his actions are justified. No. He needs to know there is another way to get my attention instead of making a fool out of himself." Somebody has brother issues. I guess I do too, mine are just a little more problematic than hers.

"At least your brother doesn't want to kill you...," I let out without thinking. Instantly Zorra's entire body locked up and I knew that I had said something that set her off.

"Darcy Davis is not your brother. He is a killer and a psychopath. Nothing more, and a whole lot less. Got it?" Something about her little rant set me off. She was talking like she knew him. Did she?

"Just forget it, okay? Let's go get some food before all the good food is taken."

~☾~

Sitting in uncomfortable silence was never something I liked. In fact, it sort of freaked me out.

"So how long have you been friends with Kaija?"

"Since diapers. We were basically the three musketeers up until she graduated last year."

"I had only one friend that I had like that. She wasn't much of a huntress though. She was weak and frail. But she had a bubbling personality that you when you were around her made you smile. She was the daughter of some high up person on the Council so she never really got picked on but she definitely wasn't anyone's favorite person, save mine."

"Can you not talk about your hunter friends while we're eating? It makes me sick to even think that someone like you is even going to be let in the pack, let alone become our Luna."

"I was groomed since I was little enough to talk on how to be a leader. In the Hunter's world, I was destined to take over as the second in command, with Darcy leading us."

"Us. You still don't get it do you? You're not with them anymore! You need to stop talking about the Hunters like you're going to go back to them at any second... Lucie you need to know that there is a time to stop talking and that time was a long time ago." Alayah's voice had grown soft by the end of her little rant and I could see that she truly meant every word that she said.