Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~Lucie’s POV~

“I don’t think that’s a very good idea, Alpha,” I said, my cheeks flushed. Bringing a Huntress home to meet the Pack wasn’t a smart move. Fate wasn’t something that I liked to test lightly. Of the top of my head, I couldn’t recall meeting any of the wolves from this pack, but nevertheless, it wasn’t something I particularly liked to chance. In fact, I would be surprised if half of them hadn’t heard of me, or at least the nickname that had been so kindly coined for me.

“They wouldn’t dream of hurting you. You’re their Luna!” I couldn’t help but cringe at his words. I wasn’t their Luna. Even though I had been groomed to lead the Hunters, I had never truly warmed up to the idea. Leading werewolves, didn’t sit well with me either.

“I’m not their Luna, at best I’m their future Luna. Forcing the idea that a Huntress, even a reformed one like myself, as your mate isn’t going to sit well with many of your people.”

“Are your rejecting him?” For a while I had completely forgotten that Dominic was still standing here with us. I once again regarded his demeanor, hoping to pick up on any clues that would help me figure out what to do here. The thought of rejecting Casey sickened me. I was almost shocked that Dominic had even suggested the notion.

“How could you even think about doing that?” I almost sensed something broken in his tone as Dominic stared at me, his eyes ablaze with emotion. He stepped closer to me, encroaching on what little personal space I had left.

“Please step away before I’m forced to do something I know that I will regret later,” space was something I valued above all else. Apparently I had not put enough force behind my words because Dominic grew closer and closer to me, testing what little restraint I had left. A growl escaped me, a warning for him to back down. His eyes went wide and he took a step back, his whole demeanor shifting.

“Lucie… what was that?” the unease and shock in his voice had me facing him in seconds.

“What?” I wasn’t comfortable with questions hanging in the air, something I wish that both of these men would catch onto.

“You just gave an Alpha/ Beta command. And it worked.” That wasn’t possible. I couldn’t already be an Alpha or a Beta could I? No, but I could be an heiress to one.

“Would being the child of an Alpha or a Beta give me that ability?”

“No necessarily, not all Beta and Alpha children have the ability to command others, it depends on the strength of their wolf and character.” Dominic said, his eyes darting away from Casey’s in submission. I knew there was something I was missing there, but I would have to come back to that later. A wave of fatigue hit me, something I was much accustomed to after a long day.

“Do you guys mind pointing me to the nearest Motel or something?  My bodies screaming for rest.” It felt nice not having to lie for once. There was no ulterior motive, no other initiative that was weighing me down in the back of my head.

“As if I would allow my mate to stay in a Motel,”

“You can stay at my house,” well he has a very one tracked mind. How about no?

“Not to be offensive or anything but I really don’t feel comfortable moving in with a guy I just met. We might be ‘mates’ but that doesn’t mean I immediately want to jump into bed with you. I feel the bond, yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to put my heart on the line. Not when I don’t know if I’m going to be able to stay.” I watched as a mixture of anger and hurt swirled across his features, letting me know just how unhappy my words had made him. Tearing my eyes away, I felt a wave of shame and embarrassment cross me. How was I supposed to act? Was I supposed to jump in with both feet into a relationship that I knew might not even work?