Chapter 23

Victoria looked down at her hands. The room was packed with an uncomfortable silence. What the hell just happened? She wanted nothing more in life but to run away and hide, but with being in the hospital bed for at least another few hours, she couldn't. She was stuck in this small bed, beside her ex boyfriend, the one she had just finished making out with.

The only reason the two had stopped was because a nurse walked in to check up on her and the machines. The lady had ended up just telling Victoria that she was going to be discharged in a few hours. Then as quick as the nurse had come, she left, only this time she had a smug smirk on her face. That fact alone made Victoria turn a tomato colored red, something she hated.

As she sat there looking at the phone in her hands, she debated if she should text Ricky to come get her or not. She knew she couldn't drive alone, the nurse had already stated that. Chad hadn't said anything about taking her home or not. So here she was, waiting and deciding what to do next.

"So...um.. that happened." Chad said breaking the unbearable silence. Victoria could only nod her head in response as she unlocked her white IPhone. She sat there and looked at the apps displayed on the screen. Clicking on the messages she waited for Chad to say something else.

"I think I'll text Ricky to see if he can pick me up." She said as it came clear that Chad wasn't going to say anything further. She glanced at him once no response came from him.

His bright blue eyes were trained on his fingers. He kept locking and unlocking them, then twisting them every which way. She smiled to herself, she knew this was something that he did when and only when he got nervous or didn't know what to say.

Without thinking she placed her hands on his, causing him to stop all movement. He looked up and met her eyes with a look of surprise glinting in his. She smiled at him, letting him know with the smile that he didn't need to be nervous.

"Thanks" he breathed as he kept the eye contact between the two. This just caused Victoria to smile wider, which in turn caused Chad to smile. The contact between them seemed to heat up, and she could feel another kiss coming up. This idea caused her to blush hard, and turn away from him. She couldn't kiss him again, not yet.

She still didn't know why she did it. Maybe it was the heat of the moment, or maybe it was something else. Maybe she finally was going to realize that she still had feelings for him. But she didn't want to have feelings for him. What if he didn't feel the same? That's just room for heartbreak, something she didn't need at the moment.

She glanced another peek at him. Did he know that she still liked him? Did he like her? What would he say if he knew how she felt about him? She watched at he bit his lip out of discomfort, and creased his eyebrows as if he was deep in thought. She loved the way he looked when he was thinking. Hell she liked the way he looked period. That's why she dated him, well one of the reasons.

He looked over at her and saw that she was watching this. His expression changed, questioning her with his eyes as to why she was watching him. But before she could answer, he bent down once again and kissed her cheek. The tingling sensation that his lips caused spread across her face, causing her to smile as reaction.

A soft sigh came from his lips once he pulled away. "I like this, its nice." He said as he stroked the back of her hand with his thumb. He was never like this before. So what's different now? She wondered as she watched his thumb move over her soft skin.

"Yeah, I guess it is." She didn't know quite how to respond to his niceness. How are you supposed to when someone randomly makes a huge change to their personality without a valid reason.

The two sat in silence for a moment before Chad spoke up once again. "I think that I'm falling for you all over again. But for different reasons." He made her shocked eyes look into his at that moment. His words seemed to hang into the air and her mind started to race. Before she could make sense of what he was saying, his lips parted again and he continued.

 "Victoria, I think, no I know I want to be with you again."

The world seemed to stop, the words judt said hung in the air as if suspended by wires. She could feel the wheels in her brain start to turn, slowly at first then faster and faster. Thoughts ran through her mind, and she could do nothing to stop them.

Why was Chad saying this? What is he thinking? Do I want to get back together with him? More importantly should I get back together with him?

Then his voice broke out in the silence. "I want to get back together." A short pause followed afterwards.

"I want to go out with you again."