Chapter 4

School went by like a breeze. No one said anything about a potential pregnancy at school, well at least not to Victoria. She still wondered if anyone knew, but then there was also a lack of looks and stares that would follow if they did know.

At the end of school she stood around and watched as her old volleyball friends got ready for practice. They all had asked her why she wasn't playing this year. Victoria had made up some excuse about how her mom wouldn't let her play. She knew that no one believed her, but they stayed quiet. She knew they would find out soon enough because by the end of the school year they would all know she was pregnant.

Eventually she walked slowly to her car. Sliding in she turned up the music again. She watched silently as other kids got in their cars and drove away. She pretended to be fiddling with something in her car, but the truth was she didn't want to go home. She didn't want to deal with what her mom had to say, and how she was a disgrace to the family.

Victoria found herself wanting to cry. And she didn't know she had started to until a guy that she hadn't seen before knocked on her window. She wiped at her eyes and opened it slowly. "Can I help you?" she asked a bit ruder than she intended.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." The boy held his hands up in a defensive way.

Victoria sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound that snotty. I just have a lot going on. Thanks for asking anyways." She started to roll up the window but the boys voice stopped her.

"I realize that I might be a bit nosy. But when I see a girl crying, I feel like I need to make sure that she's okay. I'm sorry if I freaked you out, but you look like all you need is a hug."

Victoria looked at him for the first time. The boy had a nice handsome face framed with dark brown hair and matching eyes. A kind twinkle shown in his eyes, and he seemed like he was just trying to be friendly. She silently wondered if he really wanted to give her a hug, or if his intentions were different.

She silently nodded, pushing the thought aside, and got out of the car. He was right, she needed a hug. He seemed taken aback as she stepped out of the car, as if he didn't really expect her to get out and accept his hug. She stood there and chewed her bottom lip, waiting for him to make the first move.

The stranger boy opened his arms, and she gratefully stepped in, and smiled as she felt his arms close around her back. She could feel the strong muscles under his shirt flex as he relaxed a little. She surprised herself by hugging a complete stranger, she didn't even know the kids name and she was hugging him!

Eventually she moved to pull away and  she felt his arms leave her back feeling colder instantly. "Thank you. I think that was just what I needed." Victoria said wiping at her eye, acting as if she had something in it. No she wasn't crying, but it was a very thoughtfull thing to do.

The boy nodded and Victoria climbed back into her car. He leaned on her window. "I'm Dallas by the way." He looked around the interior of her car then examined the outside of it, seeming impressed.

"Victoria" she said as she stuck the key in the slot. Applying the break she turned the key and smiled as the car roared to life. She quickly turned down the volume to a gentle hum as their conversation continued.

"Nice car," he stated still looking it over some more. "Wish I had one. I have to wait for my parents. Just came out here to get my backpack out of my buddies car." He motioned to the car behind him.

She nodded again. "I could take you home... if you like. I mean only if you want." She had to stop herself, she knew was babbling on and on. She did that when she was nervous. Dallas smiled and her heart stopped at the sight. He was a very attractive guy.

"Sure. That sounds awesome. I'll just give them a call. I'm sure they haven't even left the house yet anyways." Victoria giggled as Dallas ran to the other side of the car and hopped in. He pulled out his white iPhone 5s and started to push on the numbers.

Meanwhile Victoria hooked up her gold iPhone 5s to her stereo and turned on Pandora. She waited till he hung up and gave her the okay, before she started to play the music. She slowly back out of her space with the bass blaring, windows down, and a hot guy in her passenger seat. So yeah, the first day of school went pretty well.

How long will that last? she wondered as she left the parking lot and started to follow the directions that Dallas was giving her.